My first Argo configuration advice and questions.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: My first Argo configuration advice and questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Just my opinion here.
    If I would go to a F&G, I believe I would ride a bit out of my way so as to not put the locals "on the look out" for your Argo should your answers be disappointing.
    Haha...NH F&G (officers/wardens) is a relatively, small group...word would get out fairly quickly.

I just got back from Fish and Game. The laws in New Hampshire are difficult at best. I will have to contact the marine patrol to register as a boat, but I might have to always have the outboard motor on when in the water, or else I am an OHRV. There is another person they told me to speak with, but he wasn't there. I can use it in the snow with owner permission, but snow mobiles could complain about a non-authorized vehicle on the trails and the land owners could revoke permission. It is too wide to register as a snow mobile. For trail use, I will have to trailer it about 2 hours north to where I can ride it. I could be riding down a trail, but not be able to drive it into a lake without the outboard. The officer I spoke with told me they were just too new, but they have been around for decades.

I don't know if I can make it to the Vermont dealership tomorrow, because my wife just had laser surgery on her eye today and is in a lot of pain.

Steve

Thanks for the info...NH just not Argo friendly.
    Doesn't matter much to me because I ride on my own land and just use it for ice fishing.

Give your wife my regards to get well quick!

USB is easy, I just did it to my 2013 and it was as simple as drilling a new holesaw hole. I wouldn't let something like that hold me back from which model to choose. At this point I have most of the items the newer models have which much less cost at the price I picked up my unit for.

As far as the Argo itself is concerned, I am not worried about anything. I will be able to either get it exactly how I want it, or be able to do the work myself. I am far more concerned about how Argo unfriendly New Hampshire is. I am wondering if anyone in nearby states could relate their local laws. I am just going to have to trailer the Argo to different states, and possibly Canada to find good riding. Up in the northern part of New Hampshire, there are some great trails, but I really don't know what conditions to expect. Has anyone been to Jericho mountain park, or the northern trails?

I have to take my wife back to the doctor now, for a follow up.

Steve

Ummm, my wife is better, but we both slept a lot today. One of us, namely me, drank beer.
    Even though New Hampshire is not Argo friendly, I have not given up my dreams. I will have my Argo. I will just trailer it to where it is acceptable. I am so thankful for every input you have all posted. I learned from every post. I won't stop here either.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scimanstev View Post
    Even though New Hampshire is not Argo friendly, I have not given up my dreams. I will have my Argo. I will just trailer it to where it is acceptable. Steve
    I can relate. I've been into the Jeep/off-road thing for a long time. At one time I could drive to multiple local locations to run my rig. Then it just became too difficult, locations had homes built on them and as I got older I didn't want to run where the legality was questionable. I thought it was done.

Then one of my buddies came into contact with a club. I didn't think it was for me, but I went to a meeting. 17 years later, the club has become a second family to me. We have monthly meetings that are a blast, I really look forward to them. We travel all over the place for multiple day events. I have a slide in camper and put the Jeep on a trailer.

So what happens, you start to run into people at events from other states year after year and they become buddies. Then you have access to events and land they run. The trips become so much more then just riding. If my rig is down I sometimes just drive my car and ride with someone else.

I'm considering an Argo in the near future. I expect to have to travel since there is nowhere local that is legal and will seek out a club. The point I'm trying to make, it's not necessarily a negative.

Haven't been here in a bit but definitely have my attention. I have a cabin in southern NH, about 30 minutes from Manchester.
    I have 7 acres but am surrounded by hundreds of acres of conservation land- tons of ponds and trails.
    I have a Bigfoot and registered it this year. We have an absolute blast on it but I found out recently that the trails are actually Class 6 roads which means that I can't drive on them
    I'm taking my chances
    Please let me know if you find anything else out about riding in NH
    Have a friend in ME and wouldn't mind taking a road trip if there's more riding there

I will post more as I learn more. I live about an hour north of Manchester, and have 5 acres myself. There is a dirt road across the street from me, and I may take a chance or two also. Up north there is Ride the Wilds, and over 60" wide OHRV's are allowed. I don't know what conditions I will encounter, but I will find out when I get there, and of course post pictures and videos. I will also be looking at the northern clubs, as that does sound like a good idea. My financial situation should fall into place within a week, but I will definitely wait until at least August 13th, when the new Argo models come out. Then, I will see how fast I can get myself in the driver seat. Even with the limited places I can ride, I am very excited. Maybe I can be instrumental in changing the laws to be more Argo friendly. The way I see it, as long as I'm floating, I'm a boat, and can be in wetlands. As long as my wheels are not spinning in mud, I am a boat. Once my wheels start spinning in mud, we'll then I would be an OHRV and in violation. I will get better clarification but I do plan on visiting the Argo dealer in Vermont this Saturday.

Steve

Oh I see what you're saying...as long as wheels are not touching the swamp/pond/wetland etc., for propulsion you feel you're within the law. But how do you get to the wetlands? Good luck with that!
    How to DEFINE wetlands and how they differ from ponds and small bodies of water like beaver ponds and such is a huge gray area in NH. There is literally a poster at the town clerk's office proclaiming any "wetlands" OHRV USE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
    YMMV
    Last edited by mowbizz; 07-26-2017 at 08:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread