Conquest Driven clutch upgrade

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Conquest Driven clutch upgrade

Conquest Driven clutch upgrade

Has any one tried the updated driven clutch now available from ODG?
    My clutch sheaves are worn down and thinking of trying the new style clutch and hoping for better shifting like the avenger clutches.
    Part # 127-197. $480 at local dealer, even had 2 in stock.

I did one of my Conquests, have not noticed any difference.
    It does help to Shim the Drive Clutch, and Tighten the Driven Clutch a bit. Don't remember exactly, might be a 3/32" or 1/8" Shim for Drive and tighten Driven to hole 1 or 2.

RD

Been installing as replacement for destroyed ones. They works fine and have parts available.

Sounds good, my drive clutch is shimmed up, and the driven spring is wound to the tightest hole. Now i can turn in high range with the tracks on but the engine is still lugging to much. I removed 10gr off each of the clutch weights and it helps so i will take off another 10gr.
    The main issue is my driven clutch is really worn so the sheaves are hollow in the center so down shifts are very sluggish.

I wrench on small engines/marine and large quipment for a living so it's fun to play around this my own toys once in a while.

What ratio of tranny are you running?

It's the MU, i had another argo 6x6 with a GU trans that i sold, kinda wish i
    had swapped them. Might just have to switch to Adair tracks, guys tell me
    they turn alot easier.

But for the cost of tracks, $4000 and 27 hp motor at $2500, i could just sell
    this conquest an find a low hour Avenger.

I know this thread is a couple of years old but I just ordered one of these new clutches for my 2004 Conquest and I am wondering how they are holding up and working in the older machines? If you have one of the new clutches please let me know.

I received the new clutch today along with a new key way, washers, shims and bolt (wanted to have all new hardware too) and slapped it on the Conquest. We got a decent dump of snow today so I was able to take it for a short spin (mainly doughnuts in the front lawn and driveway) and it was super smooth and had good power. I am running 22" Channel tracks with aluminum cleats and it spun them really well. These clutches come with the spring in the #2 hole, which is where I had mine in the old clutch after experimenting with #1 and #3 as well.

I don't think my old clutch was ever 100% right as I always had some vibration and would wear out bushings too often. I noticed that my spring in the old one had also been rubbing a bit on the housing that the spring goes in on one area of one of the clutch plates. The machine only has 180 hrs so I think I may have had a slghtly defective clutch since new. Anyway it is super smooth now and seems to be getting more power to the tracks/wheels. I will take it out for a proper run up high while on winter break and report back again. The dealer that sold me the clutch stated that they had heard of slight performance increase and nothing but good reports on them. I know if you are running a clutch with issues you are going to get a performance increase with a new unit so it is hard to say they work better than the OEM. They also said that they are a bit stronger than the originals as well and they look a bit beefier. I love that they are made in Canada as well and not overseas.

I noticed someone is selling another replacement driven clutch on Ebay for $300, but it does not look as good as these units. It has a red spring in it whereas these Canadian units use the same spring as the originals and all the parts are available through the Argo dealers. Cheers and Happy Holidays!

I finally got to take my machine out and give the new clutch a good shake down. We are having an unusally warm/dry winter so far and the snow at 9000 feet was only a couple of feet deep. It was a pleasant suprise to find that it was completely untracked and we were breaking trail. It ran smoother and quieter than I ever remember and had better power and ws turning the big 22" wide Chanel tracks well with three people and 150# of gear. It was well worth the cost to me.

can you supply a link to the clutch or ordering info????
    Acta non verba

+ Reply to Thread