Troubles while riding

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Troubles while riding

Troubles while riding

Greetings all ! Its been a while since ive been on here, i took the beast out yesterday at my father in law's place, taught the youngest daughter to drive the argo, she was riding the right stick hard for a bit & then i noticed the right stick lost all its presure, like it pulled all the way to the seat easily... then i pulled off the master cylinder cover to see if it was full and it was, so i put it back on, after a few minutes it went back to normal.. is it cuz it was over heated ?
    Then my wife sugested i take it into my father in laws pond ... so not one to refuse a challenge, i went for it... super steep incline to drop in, thought she was going to tip, then when i got in i couldnt get it to turn in the water, even with the better tires i put on... then i got stuck trying to climb out.. nothing worse then a man needing to be recued by his "father in law" ... he yanked me out with his bobcat.. one word: emasculating... 🙄

IMG_4185.jpgIMG_4172.jpg
    Attached Images

try backing out next time,my Argo had the same problem last week while riding for an hour strait the right hand stick could move back almost the seat and then it went back to normal?

Tried that too, no go.. was too steep and too much mud and swamp
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

Change the brake fluid with new DOT5 fluid, be sure the brake fan hose is hooked up. Brake fade is generally overheated fluid.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Change the brake fluid with new DOT5 fluid, be sure the brake fan hose is hooked up. Brake fade is generally overheated fluid.
    Will do thanks Jim, whats the best way to drain the old fluid ? Should i bleed it all out at the caliper bleeder somehow ? Thanks
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"

remove the banjo bolt on the caliber and pump and you can also suck the fluid out of the reservoir with an extraction pump.

I recommend a new seal kit for the affected master. Put new DOT5 brake oil in the master and bleed the system until you can see the fluid coming out.

WTH is a banjo bolt ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris W View Post
    WTH is a banjo bolt ?
    For brakes has a hole up the middle and one near top on the side works with banjo fittings so you can attach the line to the caliper.

Just an example. They're available in steel also.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#5487k33/=18hqgov

+ Reply to Thread