question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question

Hybrid View

question

im curious to know why my Argo wouldnt start very last week on 2 hour ride in the bush. it was being really contrary and would turn over and over regardless of choke and or throttle. it only does this when she gets hot. i know my quad gets hot but starts fine. why is Argo like this?

You'll need to get it hot and test it. Could be a bad magneto. Valves may need to be lashed. Could be getting vapor lock somewhere. How hot does it get? You may be boiling the ethanol in the gas.
    Meep Meep

the oil temp never went above the halfway mark(i forget the temp# on the gauge). but i stopped and let it cool down and it was a you know what to start. oh well im not frigging with it,im selling the darn tootin' thing and cant wait..... its been a pain for me.
    Last edited by Moderator Bob; 07-17-2017 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Language

When my argo gets hot the mechanical fuel pump likes to stop pumping fuel. After it cools down for a few minutes it will start right back up. I put a primer ball on that way I can make it run if need be. Primer ball also helps with getting fuel to the engine after storage. If its hot I run with the hood off and seems to prevent the fuel pump heat issue.

when you get a more reliable machine you 'll have more riding time than repairing....plus dependability. i remember my first 6x6... i would ride 30 min. then work on it for hours to ride again. they all need maintenance , but sometimes the energy and frustration get old !! hope you can upgrade to a better machine soon. johnboy va.

Curtis, I hope you disclose all the problems with your Argo to the new owner when it sells!

what engine? briggs kohler?

Kohler magnum 18horse

+ Reply to Thread