Buy Now or Wait Until After the 18's Drop?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buy Now or Wait Until After the 18's Drop?

ArgoJosh, that was what i did.

I scored a great deal on a fantastic Frontier S 6x6 from Bost Argo in NC. (Ken and Brenda are fantastic to work with, and Ken has forgotten more about Argos than I think I will ever know)

The only things I need to add to this machine are a winch and I need to install my TruTrax. I bought them in December for my old machine.

Can't wait to get to camp this weekend to put it to work, so much to do....

Quote Originally Posted by fornarog View Post
    ArgoJosh, that was what i did.

I scored a great deal on a fantastic Frontier S 6x6 from Bost Argo in NC. (Ken and Brenda are fantastic to work with, and Ken has forgotten more about Argos than I think I will ever know)

The only things I need to add to this machine are a winch and I need to install my TruTrax. I bought them in December for my old machine.

Can't wait to get to camp this weekend to put it to work, so much to do....
    I did the same with my 2016 Frontier Scout 6x6...got a great deal because it was a leftover.
    Came very well equipped with all kinds of accessories except of course windshield top and tracks...
    Can you please enlighten us on your TruTrax and where you bought them?
    Thanks

I bought my TruTrax from Richard Clark with Richard's Relics. I bought them for my old 1989 Argo Magnum 8x8 and will be transferring them to the 6x6 with some extra segments as spares. Richard was great to deal with, very informative and very responsive. I cannot say enough good things about the whole transaction. The TruTrax are just like the Argo plastic tracks that came with my old 8x8 (I don't know if they were originals from 1989 or not), and they performed just the same in our flooded pine forest and marsh property on the lower Eastern Shore of Maryland as about 5 other machines with Argo brand factory supplied tracks. I am very happy with them. They were under $1700 delivered to my house 3 days after I ordered them.

I am going to install them this Friday. I am waiting for some clarification from Todd at TruTrax on the number of segments to use since the old tires were 22" and the new ones are 24".

Greg

I bought my TruTrax from Richard Clark with Richard's Relics. I bought them for my old 1989 Argo Magnum 8x8 and will be transferring them to the 6x6 with some extra segments as spares. Richard was great to deal with, very informative and very responsive. I cannot say enough good things about the whole transaction. The TruTrax are just like the Argo plastic tracks that came with my old 8x8 (I don't know if they were originals from 1989 or not), and they performed just the same in our flooded pine forest and marsh property on the lower Eastern Shore of Maryland as about 5 other machines with Argo brand factory supplied tracks. I am very happy with them. They were under $1700 delivered to my house 3 days after I ordered them.

I am going to install them this Friday. I am waiting for some clarification from Todd at TruTrax on the number of segments to use since the old tires were 22" and the new ones are 24".

Greg
    Awesome! Thanks for the info...please update us here on the TruTrax install...I also have 24" tires so your experience will be valuable to me and others...

I hope to get everything set up by tomorrow afternoon, planning on heading to camp for the first of many trips out to the marsh!

I hope to get everything set up by tomorrow afternoon, planning on heading to camp for the first of many trips out to the marsh!
    Great! Have fun and take pictures please!

Got my Tru Trax on my Frontier S 6x6 Saturday morning. The whole job took just under two hours, including removing excess segments from the trax and installation on the 6x6. It was a one-man job, with the assist of a few bar clamps. I used 32 segments on each side (one less than the set you would get if you purchased the set from TruTrax for a 6x6 with 24" tires. I am afraid I don't know how to insert pictures. I followed the ARGO instructions for installing segmented track on the Frontier (available from ArgoAdventures, or in your manual)

Steps followed:
    1) Assemble all segments. Make sure to spray the segment hinge knuckles with silicon first. I use blue loctite on the barrel set screws for extra measure.
    2) Jack Argo up and remove tires. Bring each tire to 5 pounds pressure and measure the circumference of each tire, marking it on the tire (i used a piece of masking tape to write on)
    3) You shoul have the largest tires as the back tire on each side.
    4) re-install tires
    5) Lay tracks out in front of the argo and slowly drive onto the tracks driving far enough to leave only the last two segments in front of the Argo.

Do ONE side at a time.
    6) deflate the front and rear tires as much as possible, trying not to lose the bead.
    7) deflate the center tire slightly
    8) feed the back half of the track across the wheels and bring it in line with the front wheel.
    9) Using bar clampls, pull the two ends of the track together
    10) install rod and barrel lock
    11) re-inflate.
    12) adjust inflation to achieve desired slack in track
    13) repeat on other side.
    Last edited by fornarog; 08-14-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Thank you for the detailed installation of your trax!
    Good luck with them!

So Greg, after a month or so your opinions on the new Frontier and the TruTrax.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I've been doing some traveling, so I only had the Argo out once back in the rough stuff. It performed great! TruTrax was an easy installation (32 segments per side for the 6x6 with 24" tires). I couldn't be happier.

+ Reply to Thread