Speedo reset

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speedo reset

Speedo reset

I put another pair of LED lamps on my 2016 750 HDI last weekend and disconnected battery while doing the wiring. Saturday night when I was out checking the new lights I noticed the speedo had gone from 400 miles to 2 and climbing once I was watching it. So it seems like it reset itself, but the hour meter is fine, didn't miss a beat. Does anyone know if I somehow went into a trip mode or something and whether I can get back to total mileage? I know hour counting is more important but it just kind of irks me that I lost total mileage. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Service bulletin SB204 has instructions for re-calibrating the LCD gauge. If that doesn't work get a new gauge, part # 613-130 and see if your dealer can submit a warranty claim.

Hey Stevo944, I have a 2016 HDI also and mine did the same thing jumping back to zero miles and and kept the hours. It regained the miles where they should have been for a while and lost hours and miles for ever. My dealer took good care of me, warrantied it. Just had to record estimate of hours and miles.

I lost my hours but kept the miles. I also had mine go into air cooled mode and had the speedometer get out of sync several times. I had not disconnected the battery and have no explanation as to what causes it. I keep the re-calibration procedure under my seat with specific notes for my machine (2013 HDI). With 4 different sources and at least 3 service bulletins none of them are correct for my machine. After much trial and error; I now know which codes to use to re-calibrate my machine.

+ Reply to Thread