EFI Frontier problem (Kohler EFI)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EFI Frontier problem (Kohler EFI)

Quote Originally Posted by jtb51b View Post
    I spoke to a couple dealers that say yes. Both Adair and another in Nashville TN. I really dont recall ever seeing it on mine, but I never looked! I do know it should flash codes if you cycle the key correctly. Mine does not, not even an all clear code.

Jason
    will check mine tomorrow for you Jason.

Plott, is your machine water cooled?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

yes it is jim,2012 hdi liquid kohler

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    yes it is jim,2012 hdi liquid kohler
    OOPS crossed threads, the check engine light should do the flashes if cycled 5-6 times quickly.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Book says 3 times, starting off, ending ON.. Maybe it takes more? Still on bulb check but I will try more cycles. Mine is air cooled, they would be completely different engines, but please let me know what you find it may still help.

Jaon
    2015 Argo frontier EFI Camo. 4000lb vortex winch with synthetic rope. 3.3 trans.

~1998 Max IV (SN 14428) on 26" TRU Power tires, winch with synthetic rope, rear seat moved back 5 inches, flip top rear seat with storage underneath, 55 lb thrust trolling motor, #24 marine Battery and a bilge pump just in case.-sold

Just tried 5 and 6 cycles with no luck. My display works, other than temperature. it has never worked and I was lead to believe they do not work on air cooled units. The oil pressure light illuminates until you start the engine, the (i) will illuminate if the parking brake is on. The light between them, has no indication of what it is and it never lights. The Check engine light also never illuminates. Was I told correctly about the temp not being activated on the air cooled units?

Jason
    2015 Argo frontier EFI Camo. 4000lb vortex winch with synthetic rope. 3.3 trans.

~1998 Max IV (SN 14428) on 26" TRU Power tires, winch with synthetic rope, rear seat moved back 5 inches, flip top rear seat with storage underneath, 55 lb thrust trolling motor, #24 marine Battery and a bilge pump just in case.-sold

I've never had an issue with one yet, here is a manual which states MIL may not have been installed by mfr. . I do not see one in the Argo manual wiring, no there would be no temp. reading as Argo uses the water jacket in the Aegis. I'll look at our 8x8 later today.

OK, am I reading correctly that you do NOT see the wire in the harness of this machine for a MIL? That would definately explain it! It makes no sense that argo would leave that very important function out. My owners manual doesnt even have my unit listed in the specs pages. Has water cooled EFI kohlers, and kohlers with carbs listed but no air cooled 747 efi. Maybe I got the wrong book? Maybe mine was so new that they didnt provide the correct book yet. Who knows, and I guess it doesnt much matter but its curious.

Jason

http://resources.kohler.com/power/ko..._690_01_EN.pdf
    Sorry I forgot this last time, went to Gil's and our 8x8 Frontier with the 23 the MIL light doesn't light either, perhaps because there is no self diagnostic feature of the Comand efi's like the Aegis engines. Again I personally have no complaints with what we have out there so I never looked into it.

Your cluster is adjustable to remove the temp function icon from it like all previous air cooled engines. Understand the cluster fits all models so there are functions not applicable to all models included in it.

Traced the wiring using a Kohler manual. The MIL wiring IS intact and runs to the LCD. I have checked the system with a test light and it functions as it should, the MIL wire is the ground for the light. No codes present, which is good but I still need to figure out why the LCD is not lighting the MIL. I am going to take the LCD unit apart and see if there is something inside thats an easy fix. If not, I will add an MIL lamp to the dash somewhere, I will not buy another LCD just for that one function.. FYI the MIL wire in the argo harness is a green wire with a white tracer all the way from the engine to the LCD.

Jason

+ Reply to Thread