Predator 22hp Twin install in an Argo Vanguard II. Need Clutch recommendations

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Predator 22hp Twin install in an Argo Vanguard II. Need Clutch recommendations

Hi AWD, I am very excited to get this motor into my ARGO....it has almost double the HP of the original (B&S 16HP) and it's an EFI!!! My biggest concerns are getting the mounting plate and motor positioned right and getting the exhaust sorted out. Any tips/advice out there would be VERY much appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickb View Post
    Thanks for the input on the clutch Vanguard.....I was ready to pull the trigger and buy the comet - I thought the specs matched the ARGO belt width of 1-3/16 belt.....there are many comet 94C options (see link below) - I was looking at Part#: 219739A.......would this one not be compatible with the existing driven clutch?

http://www.mfgsupply.com/snowmobile/...wcomet94c.html

Argo uses a belt that is 1.469 inches top width. The clutch you are using has a max width of 1 3/16". so the driven clutch will be set up for the factory belt. That clutch will work if you change the driven clutch to match the driver clutch and can find a belt that is the proper length.

You are right....thanks....I will not order that clutch.....I want to keep the driven clutch, so I will try and find a driver that works.....looks like my best bet will be the conquest driver.

That's what I learned. I ordered the factory Argo clutch as I'm told it's good with the higher hp motors as well

OK - I will run the factory clutch from my 1998 Vanguard.....does anyone know what the offset between the driver and driven should be??? I forgot to measure the factory clutch offset when I took the 16HP B&S out of the ARGO.

+ Reply to Thread