8x8 Conquest Questions (Newb)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8x8 Conquest Questions (Newb)

Question 8x8 Conquest Questions (Newb)

I have an Argo 8x8 Conquest 1997 and I have some questions regarding the machine.

1. When too much water enters my Argo, usually when I clean it or if there has been some heavy raining, the transmission has a very hard time to gear up. Is this normal behavior? I usually drive it into the forest and empty it using the bilge pump.

2. What's the recommended tire pressure for SuperTracks? The manual is making it a bit hard for me to understand. I've read that it should be 3.5 psi on all tires, different pressure in the middle ones in another place, highest pressure on all tires..

3. I've also read somewhere that it is not recommended to drive around on the low gear, but according to the previous owner you need to drive with low gear if you are using the tracks. I confirmed this simply by trying to drive in the high gear and, well, it did not like that.

Thanks in advance for answers!

Often times the belt will get wet, 3.5 is a good start - higher pressures listed are frontier, low in tracks is better unless you are in the open and empty.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Okay, Thanks! I confirmed that my Argo doesn't approve at all when I drive on high gear using the tracks, even if it is open and empty. It might be thanks to the added weight of home-made swim metal pieces, because you can't have tracks that won't swim

Try 3 psi with 35 segments and check for 2-3 inches of sag, you can adjust air pressure up to about 4.5 - 5 with those 22" tires but some don't reshrink, it's best to start at 3 and adjust 1/2 segments if possible. We liked 1 psi more in the front, hopefully you can stick your palm ( or atleast your inner knuckles) between the track and the body when done.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Alright, thanks! One more question: Will tubes in the wheels affect anything? They where all leaking air so I sent them to get tubed. The tracks will be mounted as soon as they are back

tubes wont hurt a bit,ive got a couple tubes in my winter tire set

+ Reply to Thread