New Owner of a 2011 8x8 - A few questions/issues.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Owner of a 2011 8x8 - A few questions/issues.

That fuel pump sounds terrible, ours sounds nothing like that! I think that is your problem!

something is definitely wrong with your fuel pump.or maybe its running dry????? in the top of your tank theres a pickup tube with a screen in it.you might want to change the tube then see if the noise persists.also your belt looks to be worn,time for a new one.great looking machine though.ive got a 2012 and I love it.if you need a new fuel pump ive got a part number here somewhere and you can order a new one right from OPE engines and save a buck.

Where are you located?
    The tracks on the Argo are the 18" rubber
    We have a set of those and they do real well
    I would also replace the full filter

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckTour View Post
    Any idea what they might be worth used?

Depending on condition/wear they can bring a pretty penny!
    No track expert here but on the plastic tracks it’s the track segment pins that fail or rust making them difficult to remove.
    As far as the plastic segments themselves I think they may crack if not stored correctly. They’re probably pretty rugged if kept in good condition.

So a quick update. I pulled the fuel filter and it appears to be clogged. I blew through it with my mouth and no air passed through. I then used my air compressor and it too didn't go through very much. Filled up in end with water to see if would drain out the "out" and it did not. THe fuel pump is still making that weird sound, but appears to be working okay. I could not find the tube with the screen on it that someone mentioned.

Going to the auto store now and will also put in new plugs. Again, thank you to everyone who made suggestions.

Joe

If you want to check if the O2 sensor is causing you issues try unplugging it and running it without it hooked up. After the engine warms up and runs at steady state for a period the O2 sensor is the primary input to the ECU for adjusting the system when it goes into "optimize mode". Unhooking it won't allow it to go into the optimize mode and if it runs good for much longer than 5 minutes it could give you a good feeling that the 02 sensor may not be working right. I'd also suggest you unhook the battery for a short bit (5 minutes probably would do it). This clears any stored memory in the ECU and returns everything to the original factory settings. The ECU's have an "adaptive" memory so it runs . I have been told that putting fuel system cleaners in the gas can cause the O2 sensors to act funny.

It sounds like your doing the right thing with changing the fuel filter. The tube with the screen in it is likely the pick up tube inside the tank. You have to drill out the rivets and pull the plastic pan under the seat out to get to it. If you have a bunch of trash in the tank it can plug off and starve the fuel pump. If memory serves me correct fuel pressure should be around 38 psi +/-2 if you want to check that.

When you change out the plugs take a bit and check the connections to the coils. I've been told that these can come loose and cause spark issues on an intermittent basis.

If you google "Argo Manuals" you can likely find the Kohler engine manual.

So replacing the filter and spark plugs did not make a difference, as the unit is still acting the same. This includes the loud whine from the fuel pump. I ordered a new pump and it should be here in about 5 days. Hopefully that does the trick, otherwise i will be testing the o2 as the next step.

I have been spending quite a bit of time in the engine bay and am getting more familiar with things. I did find two loose wires that appear to be broken so I am hoping to track down where that goes. I did notice the LCD display is not showing RPMs or a correct Temp, so if I am lucky I will go 2 for 2.

Also need to adjust the parking brake, but that is last on the priority list.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Hey RedneckTour, you should two single wires coming out of the harness coming from the instrument pod. The red wire is your tach pickup. Give it a couple of wraps around the plug wire. The second single wire goes to a ground point on the engine (you will see others in the same place on the back of the engine). D.C. does some crazy things when you lose a ground. Good luck with your new ride.

Redneck you have received sound advice on your machine. The years of experience on Argo,s from our fellow members sure shows when you need a hand. I have had first hand experience with coil wires on my first trip with my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Floorman View Post
    Redneck you have received sound advice on your machine. The years of experience on Argo,s from our fellow members sure shows when you need a hand. I have had first hand experience with coil wires on my first trip with my machine.
    Agreed!

+ Reply to Thread