New Owner of a 2011 8x8 - A few questions/issues.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Owner of a 2011 8x8 - A few questions/issues.

New Owner of a 2011 8x8 - A few questions/issues.

I am the proud new owner of a 2011 Argo 8x8. I am not exactly sure which model I have, but I think it has the Kohler 31hp motor. I think I got a good deal for the unit and it even came with an extra pair of tracks! Can you please help with the below?

1.) I took it out today and broke down after about 5 minutes. Everything was working great and then all of the sudden the engine bogged down and we lost engine power. I would twist the throttle and the engine would try to rev up, but just wouldn't...again, almost like it was bogging down. I would also get a pop/backfire that was coming from the intake. The unit sat for about 1.5 years.... could this be old/stale gas? I hope it isn't anything too serious. If it sat for 5 minutes, it would start up and go for about 15 seconds then bog down again. If not gas, could it be ignition related?

2.) Can you identify my unit (avenger, conquest, etc)

3.) When going from FWD to REVERSE it seems kind of clunkly. Sometimes it doesn't want to go and you need to rock the unit to get it to go in. Is this normal?

4.) Can you identify my extra set of tracks? What do you think they are worth if I try to sell them?

4.) Attached are photos, please let me know if anything stands out at you!

Thank you!

Photos are in this SFW album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joseph...57688573136971

1) Could be bad fuel or bad fuel pump. 2)You're model is a 750 HDI. Starting with model year 2017 the HDI 8x8 was renamed as the Avenger 8x8 ST with sub models ST, STR and STX. The HDI name was from 2010 - 2016. 3)Sometimes the gear shift is clunky with our 2015 too, I would just make sure that there is plenty of trans. Oil. 4) I'm not sure what the extra tracks are in the picture, I just know you've got rubber tracks on your argo.

Thank you! I bought some fuel additive to try and run through the system. Can you help point me to where the fuel pump is. Just odd that this happens only after it runs for a bit.

Thanks,

Joe

I think it is behind the front bench on the backside of the fuel tank (behind the metal strip). I personally have never tried to look for it though. Here is a link to a 2011 750 HDI 8x8 manual from argo adventure. It's on page 17

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6d...ew?usp=sharing

Nice looking Argo! I believe the extra set of tracks are the Argo Standard 13” plastic tracks.

Thanks! I had another thought... could be the o2 sensor. Going to poke around this weekend and see if I can do a process of elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    Nice looking Argo! I believe the extra set of tracks are the Argo Standard 13” plastic tracks.
    Any idea what they might be worth used?

check to make sure the leads on the coils are not loose,i had to pull mine off and tighten them up.added a bit of di-electric grease and ive been bog free for years now.siphon the old gas out and fill it up with high test,add 1oz of seafoam per gallon to your fuel.take the time to drain the engine oil and transmission oil.install new oil filter and fill the fluids back up to proper level.chuck a new set of spark plugs in as well. if this does not work post back here for more help.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    check to make sure the leads on the coils are not loose,i had to pull mine off and tighten them up.added a bit of di-electric grease and ive been bog free for years now.siphon the old gas out and fill it up with high test,add 1oz of seafoam per gallon to your fuel.take the time to drain the engine oil and transmission oil.install new oil filter and fill the fluids back up to proper level.chuck a new set of spark plugs in as well. if this does not work post back here for more help.
    Great tips, do all of the following

I just spent an hour tinkering and looking around the engine bay and behind the firewall.

I noticed a few things... i.e. more question! lol

1.) When I turned the ignition on, the fuel pump clearly is making a sound. Is this a normal sound?
    https://flic.kr/p/ZybZe5

2.) It seems the clutch belt seems to have some slack, is this a normal amount?
    https://flic.kr/p/21DnQdg
    https://flic.kr/p/21ysvqS

Thanks! again

+ Reply to Thread