Heater use in snow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heater use in snow

Heater use in snow

Hi everyone, I am new to the Argo world, and find these forums very interesting. I bought a 2017 Huntmaster Z about a month back and have been having fun just adding accessories to it. I never really got a chance to run it before the snow hit this fall and when I took it out for a good ride, the tracks were flipping snow into the right side hood inlet screen. The engine fan pulls snow into the screens, plugging them, which then causes the heater fan to stop moving air because of the vacuum that is produced by the engine cooling fan. Does anyone else have this problem? Not sure how to cure this.
    Attached Images

I have been having a similar problem, but with mud and other debris landing in the cab. My Argo dealer is fabricating larger mud flaps. Perhaps in your case, detect exactly where the snow is coming from, and fabricate a shield to stop it.

Steve

I've got a heater on my 2011, but I almost never turn it on. These things warm up so fast with an enclosed cab that even in sub-zero temperatures I unzip the window to let some air in. I've actually got the dealer installing some Arctic Cat windshield vents into both of my 8x8's so I don't have to have the window flapping in the breeze! The heater came with mine when I bought it, but I see little value in running it.

+ Reply to Thread