Info Please

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Info Please

Info Please

I hunt in a south Louisiana bottom land hardwood swamp, needless to say there is plenty of mud and water. This is the first year anyone that I've seen has used an Argo to transverse this area and it was a beast. Forget an ATV, for the most part forget a mudboat I got to have one! it's going to be a 6 x 6 with tracks so help me out what do I need and what I don't need. I like the Scout Package . Basically what options are worth the money and which ones are just fluff? I will use in the mud 90% of the time and our summers are hot! any opinions are appreciated!

well get a hood fan if its hot conditions.get an Argo with the admiral transmission! try to get liquid cooled if you think you need it.how hot are we talking about

Budget dictates a lot. Most people want an 8x8 for hunting for the extra carrying capacity. Have you considered a Mudd-ox with Adair tracks?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCaoOfweCrs

What I don't understand is as popular Argos are in the northern parts why don't you see more here ? I mean they are awesome in the mud and water! What kind of maintenance do the require? What kind of service life do you expect with proper maintenance?

Mudman like you I see very few aatv's in my part of the country. Although aatv's are cool machines they are quite primitive compared to a quad. No suspension. Comparatively slow ground speed, comparatively low ground clearance, and high maintenance. Quads are lower maintenance - no chains and sprockets to keep oiled and tight. There are plenty of quad dealerships around, but honestly the closest aatv dealer (I think) is 3 hours away from me. The aatv's sure are a head turner, though.

hey mudman...you can sure get alot of info on this site about these machines. there are tons of videos of them in deepest mud and all kind's of terrain, snow , swamps etc. lot's of them with tracks too. being that these machines use chains and axle bearings, those probably require most of regular inspecting and maintenance. the transmissions and engines if maintained well will usually last many years. you will see in videos that these aatv's not only go in water and keep you dry, but with tracks can go in mud that will stop atv's . maybe there is a dealer or a fellow member near you so you could actually take a spin in one. keep us posted on your progress. pull up the aatv's at busco site for some fun watching. j.b.

Mudman, Your neck of the woods sounds alot like the flooded loblolly pine forests and marshlands we hunt on the lower eastern shore of md. We prefer the 6x6's because they are far more nimble and can make sharper turns without as much room. TruTrax or Argo Plastic Tracks work extremely well in our area. The machines do get hot, so a hood fan might be a great option - I am thinking of adding one myself. I got the argo winch mount from argo and mounted my own 5000 winch from Tractor supply - saving a TON of $$. A winch is a must for our property.

I'll pick up my new Black 6 x 6 Frontier with Adair Mud Pro tracks next Friday. This machine is going to be fun! Have been hunting with a buddy out of his 6 x 6 the last couple of weeks and we have gone into places that probably haven't seen a human in years . This opens up allot of new area to me. Thanks for the comments.

mudman... congratulations ! on the machine. we hope to see some pictures or maybe some videos down the line. especially of the terrain you guys hunt in. johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread