2015 Argo 650 HD 6x6 vs 2017 Argo Frontier 6x6 se

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2015 Argo 650 HD 6x6 vs 2017 Argo Frontier 6x6 se

650 HD vs Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbob View Post
    I had a bigfoot with the classic trans for 17 years. I now have a frontier 6x6 with the admiral trans. I wouldnt go back. The ease of steering, no idler chains to adjust, less chain slap, constant torque to both sides.
    and Argo no longer use Briggs engines just Kohler. Too bad about the H.P. drop. Maybe keep looking after you decide what you really want? Buyer remorse is not happy.

I had a 2002 conquest 6x6 with the old style transmission and it worked good. The idler chain like any other chain will have quite a bit of stretch when new and you have to deal with it. I now have a 2016 750hdi 8x8 and I like the Admiral transmission much better.It doesn't drag down the power when turning and you will appreciate that when turning in deep mud or snow. I'm not saying the old transmission is bad because its not, but I think the admiral is better. Now for the 6x6 or the 8x8, you will get more usefulness out of the 8x8 vs 6x6. they fill up very fast and when you have an argo you get more friends. Don't sweat turning on the atv trails, the argo will still turn tighter than an atv.

Sorry I forgot to mention load capacity in water, if you hunt ducks your hauling some gear and your buddy. Your first trip into the water you will be happy you got the 8x8. It don,t take much to overload a machine in the water and what is the price you put on your life and your gear when you leave the shore line.

I have the Argo Frontier 8x8. It is good, I fore see transmission problems as it is hard to get it in reverse and it has popped out of reverse before. Other than that, I use it for swap riding and on the snow with tracks and it is ideal. more cargo space than a 6X6. The frontier has more than enough power. I hauled all my gear in 28 miles and hauled it out with a large caribou. I would like to get/make an extended fuel tank. I burned a full tank and 10 gallons of gas running 26 miles in and out and moderate usage on the 10 day hunt. (which is decent.

My thing is I want to get/mke mud flaps and mount a light bar on it. I dont know how to start a forum or chat with people on how to mount the light bar and what not. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjie View Post
    I have the Argo Frontier 8x8. It is good, I fore see transmission problems as it is hard to get it in reverse and it has popped out of reverse before. Other than that, I use it for swap riding and on the snow with tracks and it is ideal. more cargo space than a 6X6. The frontier has more than enough power. I hauled all my gear in 28 miles and hauled it out with a large caribou. I would like to get/make an extended fuel tank. I burned a full tank and 10 gallons of gas running 26 miles in and out and moderate usage on the 10 day hunt. (which is decent.

My thing is I want to get/mke mud flaps and mount a light bar on it. I dont know how to start a forum or chat with people on how to mount the light bar and what not. Can anyone help?
    Just click on “POST NEW THREAD” and ask your questions! Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread