Backfiring back

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Backfiring back

Backfiring back

My Argo Avenger 750 EFI is backfiring again. Incomplete combustion, too, it seems. I can see some black soot on the tracks from the exhaust. Plugs are fouled, too. When this happened before, a spade connection on one of the coils was loose. Tightened it and it did the trick. Did for awhile this time, too. It's not happening all the time ... just intermittently. It's working great. Lots of power. Filters, plugs ... checked all that. Here's the question: is there any easy way to check the condition of those coils? Just getting the spade connections off and on is a pain in the'you know where.' I'm using NKG plugs, not Champion. NKG BKR5E.

test the spark should be nice blue color vs yellow or red which you may have

+ Reply to Thread