Tracks for Argo Frontier 580 Adair or?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracks for Argo Frontier 580 Adair or?

Tracks for Argo Frontier 580 Adair or?

Need to make a track decision. Will be used in Tamarack swamp with cat tails, water, floating bogs, floating trees and snow. Am strongly considering Adair tracks after watching videos etc.
    Never owned an Argo before so looking for experienced advise.

Thanks

I have a 2006/7 Frontier with the Briggs 23hp, and Adair classic 13”mud track they are great in the mud , have not found anything to stop them other than bad driving ...lol Snow here in southeastern Mass is most often wet heavy stuff and will at some point stop the machine either by lost of traction or will high center , traction lost will depend on depth and how wet the snow is ...if you are luck enough to have dry fluffy snow then you will have no issues otherwise you will need to get the machine to get on top of the snow ...swimming is a bit slower than just a good set of swim tires , but once you learn how they work /steer then it is not an issue with quiet water ,,,,wind and any current will need an outboard....over all I think they are a great product if you understand their limits .. Good Luck

I am somewhat surprised at the lack of input.
    As a newby to Argo ownership I was hopeful this site would be a wealth of knowledge.
    To put more specifics to my original post it is the 14.5 inch Pro Tracks that I had viewed as a good prospect after watching videos.
    I will give it more time.
    Last edited by jetman; 01-29-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Traffic has been really slow, give it time. Meantime, read all the track threads you can read finding the use that fits your area or terrain and reread each thread that interest you.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

lots of past input and debates on this site under tires ,tracks,etc. and plenty of discussion and debates on best tracks for which uses. there are some knowledgable guys that will respond...johnboy va.

Although I am somewhat new, I do have a set of Beaver Dam Argo tracks. The only videos I have seen of them are my own, but Saturday, I had an electrical engineer friend over, and we went riding. We went down a steep trail, maybe 25° of slope. About 40 feet was glare ice. I had no trouble going down, or back up. I made the trip twice, and I was blown away that my Argo could climbed that ice, when I never could have walked it. At the bottom of the hill, I rode over maybe 200 feet of glare ice without a problem.

You can watch my videos, which are labeled 1 through 6.
    Here is the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPXVTRvGCGg&t=113s

I have gone through deep mud, over rocks, through very deep snow drifts, but I did get stuck in about 3 feet of slush. The front plowed into the slush, and packed it down, causing me to be high centered. The winch picked that time to fail, but my Argo dealer was finally able to push me out. We would have put a lof under the tracks next, and would have gotten out.

Steve

Nice vids Steve! Man you have some land to roam there!

Not as much as I would like. Usually I have my yard, the steep trail, and the class 6 road at the bottom. I have my neighbors 130 acres, but I can't take anyone but my wife, and there has to be enough snow cover so I don't damage the property. I have written permission, and I will do exactly as the land owner wishes. I am grateful to have another place to ride, without driving 3 hours north.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scimanstev View Post
    Not as much as I would like. Usually I have my yard, the steep trail, and the class 6 road at the bottom. I have my neighbors 130 acres, but I can't take anyone but my wife, and there has to be enough snow cover so I don't damage the property. I have written permission, and I will do exactly as the land owner wishes. I am grateful to have another place to ride, without driving 3 hours north.

Steve
    Absolutely! Using another’s land for any reason is certainly, a privelege that shouldn’t be taken for granted!
    Reminds me I need to get my neighbor a gift card for allowing me to put deer stands on his property!

2017 6x6 scout.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman View Post
    I am somewhat surprised at the lack of input.
    As a newby to Argo ownership I was hopeful this site would be a wealth of knowledge.
    To put more specifics to my original post it is the 14.5 inch Pro Tracks that I had viewed as a good prospect after watching videos.
    I will give it more time.
    The pro series tracks are a great track for swamp/mud/snow,the most aggressive is the pro series with the 7"winter kit.This set up is a real brute in the swamp,I was able to test the 6x6 in my swamp with the winter kit, pretty much unstopable.

+ Reply to Thread