16 hp tecumseh engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 16 hp tecumseh engine

Oil could be over full or if there is no breather the pressure has to go somewhere.
    Is the pump mounted lower than the port and or mounted close to the port? Most have a 8-12" pulse line.
    Is there gas in the oil thinning the oil out or possibly over filling it?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

You could do a repower*He means you could install a different engine.

The pump is about 3 inches higher than port .The oil level is good but using 10 w 30. The vacuum line is about 14 inches long. The breather is in place.

Thanks I thought that.

So is the vacuum line too long? Also any other ideas on this problem would be great.

take a picture of the pump and vacuum line so we can see how its configured.

I do not have a camera to do it right now but the unit is mounted on the back wall just under the hood and the vacuum line has about 2 inch grade from the carb.

Do a online check to see how to do a leak down it will take a special tool harbor freight sells it I think 39.00, do not block vent line you will blow gaskets out of case or seals on shaft. The problem with some 12 volts pump is that they will overcome the needle and seat thus it will keep pumping gas into carb when it should stop you can add a regulator to line to prevent this.

I have a 1.25 psi to 2.5 psi pump which should be fine , so what should I do with vacuum line ? Should I just hang the vacuum line up high to keep it from blowing oil out of the base.

typical they are routed to the inside of the air cleaner to recycle the pressure back into the motor.

+ Reply to Thread