Inner bearing failure and axle play

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inner bearing failure and axle play

Inner bearing failure and axle play

After replacing my front chains, i am still getting a click on turning from the front right. After closer inspection, i can see that the front axle is moving around quite a bit at the inner bearing. I ordered a bearing kit, but am wondering i will also need to replace the flange and/or axle. Any thoughts? Any tips for replacement?

Plan on pulling the tracks, front tire, then in bolting at all the flanges.... will probably just have to figure it out as i go.

Thanks
    Attached Images

Sure it is not the sprockets worn and jumping the chain still?
    Otherwise not sure about the bearings someone will chime in with this machine

I can't see the bearing in the picture, I do see the grease seal from the outside of the bearing out of place so the bearing is bad for sure. Take a picture of the inside and outside of the bearing if possible, if you can see both races of the bearing and no elongated flange plates you should be ok.
    Take a wire brush and some cleaner to whatever you can access to aid in removal, while it is out I would Do both bearings on the axle and the seals in the outer flange at the same time so you don't have to go in again soon.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

i have had the axle seize to the inner bearing making axle removal very difficult. I used a saws all with a good metal blade to cut the axle. becareful not to punch through tub.

Better way to save axle

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbob View Post
    i have had the axle seize to the inner bearing making axle removal very difficult. I used a saws all with a good metal blade to cut the axle. becareful not to punch through tub.

Big Bob,
    Check out my thread "marinising the max"
    The hub can be split and removed from axle, this will then allow you to
    Remove the rest of axle assembly as a whole.

image.jpgimage.jpg

If you can use a cutoff wheel to,cut axle,
    U can do this method.

Regards
    OZ

+ Reply to Thread