Max tire pressure

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max tire pressure

Max tire pressure

What should be max tire pressure for stock tires with Adair Tracks on a 6x6 ? Machine pulling to right ,checking tire pressures what should it be ?

start with 2psi and adjust the slack to 1" to 1 1/2"at the bottom by adding pressure. unfortunately that will not fix pulling to the right. Directional pulling with tracks is the same with tires. you need to check the tire diameters and try to even the diameters out between the rights and left. Also Adair wants the largest tire on the rear for a 6x6. You can go up to the max rated pressure of the tire mfg. The max I have used is 5 psi on my Bigfoot with Pro tracks.
    Acta non verba

Thanks Bigfoot, I was told by dealer to run 7psi and that they had checked diameters and arranged accordingly but I doubt that ! I will have to do it myself because I cant get it to track straight. I may play with pressures on the left side and see if that helps!

The tire pressure would depend on bot the machine and the tire you are running, I believe JBF described his usage with the Runamok 22x10x8 tire on a Bigfoot. If you are running 24's on a frontier or Avenger go of your operators manual and take the time to check the circumference.
    On a similar separate note, check that your brakes are not partially engaged and or an axle bearing going bad causing drag.

Each machine/tire track combo may/will differ slightly.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

new machine

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    The tire pressure would depend on bot the machine and the tire you are running, I believe JBF described his usage with the Runamok 22x10x8 tire on a Bigfoot. If you are running 24's on a frontier or Avenger go of your operators manual and take the time to check the circumference.
    On a similar separate note, check that your brakes are not partially engaged and or an axle bearing going bad causing drag.

Each machine/tire track combo may/will differ slightly.
    no drag on brakes and no play on bearings. I did drop left side pressures 1/2 # and it did help.I think it's just a bad match of tires and tracks. I'll let the Argo eat and deal with it!

If you get around to indexing attempt to get the first 2 sets as close in circumference as possible to the opposite side as newer machines lean forward naturally.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread