battery shutoff switch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: battery shutoff switch

battery shutoff switch

thinking off installing a battery shutoff switch on my dash of my argo magnum.how would i wire it?

Found this simple diagram online...check it out to see if it would work for you.
    Attached Images

my battery switch has only 2 ends and dont have an alternator

curtis...you may want to just get one of those battery terminal connectors that bolts to the pos. terminal. it's 2 pieces and to disconnect it you just loosen the thumbscrew by hand and pull it apart. if it's too hard to get to your battery terminal, you can install it anywhere on the pos. battery cable that has easy access. if you do that just make sure it can't touch any metal while your riding. maybe this will help.....johnboy va.

several different ways to do this but always place the switch on the negative cable and not the positive and there will be no sparks to worry about

I second Dozerlarry, put your battery switch on the ground wire (negative) to the battery. He may claim to be a certified goofball but he knows what he is talking about.

your right guys...i should have said negative side !! johnboy va.

These work great.

Top Post Battery Master Disconnect Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001N729FS..._av7EAbMBPE0W4

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGrizzly View Post
    I second Dozerlarry, put your battery switch on the ground wire (negative) to the battery. He may claim to be a certified goofball but he knows what he is talking about.
    Thanks for the kind words AG, I appreciate them! Caterpillar has a great cut off switch with a detachable key. It's a bit pricy but heavy enough for any application.

+ Reply to Thread