Engine burning oil

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Engine burning oil

Being from down under (you) I'm not into the litre thing, how many ounces is that about 8? If so you have internal issues, did you try a compression check since you didn't do the leak down test?
    Just FYI, you can probably find a new piston and ring set and head gasket, but valves are long gone unless you find someone up there with some on the shelf.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Being from down under (you) I'm not into the litre thing, how many ounces is that about 8? If so you have internal issues, did you try a compression check since you didn't do the leak down test?
    Just FYI, you can probably find a new piston and ring set and head gasket, but valves are long gone unless you find someone up there with some on the shelf.
    1 liter is about 33 us fluid ounces.. Roughly a quart..

Well dang, must be time for a new engine if it's burning a qt. in 15 or so miles. There are a few threads on here about Tec. swap outs.

Mine was smoking so bad I decided to try to find valves, may have a good used set but since there are 2 sizes of each valve I know I need a disassembly before any further progress.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

The engine has about 93 psi of compression.

I now have leak down tool ordered and when I get it I will need help to set up and use thanks

sure no problem let me know when you get it. Also if you need parts I do work on small engine and have access to parts the general public does not but tec parts are getting hard to find.

I was looking for valve guides for another engine I am going to have rebuilt. And I will let you know when I get the leak down tool. Thanks.

Sure if anyone needs something and cant find give me the numbers and I will see what I can do

+ Reply to Thread