Argo information for the "NEW" Argo owner!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo information for the "NEW" Argo owner!

Argo information for the "NEW" Argo owner!

Hello, congratulations on purchasing your new Argo whether it is old or brand new!These machines are very capable when driven the proper way and most importantly maintained properly. Before buying the Argo you now have you may have been told while looking for information about these 8 or 6 wheeled tanks that "they are over priced, "they always break down in the bush" "junk" not "worth the money when you have to buy parts after every ride" ETC.... you get it right and all of us Argo owners got all that crap before too.They are 100% right on those claims they made about the Argo. It is a piece of junk,it does break down in the bush and you do have to buy parts after every ride. thats because that person who told you who you believe 100% he knows what hes talking about does not know what he is talking about. that person either had one or have a friend that has one and that friend tells that person that Argos are JUNK. once again that person is also 100% right because that person is 100% careless and assumes if you spend $30,000 you get a machine you never have to pick with or tamper with and will last forever. WRONG like anything it will mechanically fail at some point and will fail even faster than you know it if you treat it like #@$%. so now that i have you scared that you spent all that money on a new machine or even an older machine let me give you some insurance. Argos were first made in 1967.....yes thats right and thats 51 years and thats 51 years of inventing machine and listening to customer requests to make mods or different models of the Argo.i can guarantee you that every machine that was made by Argo is still around and running and if it isnt running it either caught fire or somehow got destroyed by mother nature. yes alot of them had to of undergone engine swaps and needed extensive overhauls but what wouldn't require that working as hard as an Argo do? these machines are built to last made of polyethylene and simple chain and sprocket drive! it really is simple to run and maintain but it takes you yourself to give that machine the love it needs to be durable once again like any atv. i own a 1992 ago 8x8 and i love it,it really is something else and yes i went through the "this is a piece of junk" stage as well like every atv or xtv owner goes through. everyone has different perspectives on things and i respect that but really dont take people word for anything till you've seen it or tried what you gonna buy!
    heres some pictures of the first Argo right to where the Argo stands now.my machine on the right!

Did you land a job at Argo Curtis?? Just kidding...everything you say is true and all it takes is a little preventative maintenance along the way! I have a 2016 and it’s coming up on its 20 hour service... you can bet I’ll be changing that break-in oil soon!
    All I’ve had to do so far is adjust the idler chains and check the bolt tightness on the axel seals and of course tire pressure.
    Good post bud!

I'm down in NC and usually no one has ever seen an Argo. If they have they do say the same things. You have to wrench on it for 8 hours to drive it for 2. When they say these things I ask them if there Ranger or Razor can float, then they go quiet

Curtis, The pic of your machine looks like you added some red plastic skid plates . Do they cover the entire bottom or just the chain rails? Any skid plate is better than none! What material did you use?

it has the stock skid plate but found that it wore on the frame rails like many other can relate im sure,its 1/2 inch plastic(something you would use on the bottom of a wood sleigh in the winter time) molded with heat and bolted to the body....gives me some insurance when i hit those bone jarring rocks they only cover the front quarter of the machine.

so much enjoyment of these machines is also the variety of modifications that owners have done... and others are able to incorporate on their machines in some way that they like . have fun.... johnboy va.

Argos are like the AR-15's of the gun world, very customizable. You can put literally anything you want on them.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    it has the stock skid plate but found that it wore on the frame rails like many other can relate im sure,its 1/2 inch plastic(something you would use on the bottom of a wood sleigh in the winter time) molded with heat and bolted to the body....gives me some insurance when i hit those bone jarring rocks they only cover the front quarter of the machine.
    thanks Curtis, sounds like a good idea.

Canvasback, N.C., Can we expect to see you at Busco Beach for a 2 hour ride? We expect everyone to break down even me.

I just got back from riding my heavily customized Argo, and it was a breeze going over rocks, dirt, snow, ice, up hill and down hill. Every time I go out, I check the coolant, oil, chain lube, and fuel. I have over 250 miles on it, most of which is in my own back yard. The oil has been changed once, and it will be rewired in the spring with heavy gauge wire, when the boat lights are added. There have been small tweaks, like adding mirrors and adjusting one of the windshield wiper springs, but all in all, it is problem free. The versatility of these machines is amazing.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread