Rollover Protection ??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rollover Protection ??

seat bealts

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    LOL. "Limbs" are not the problem for me, it's the "Swamp Spruce" trees that get pushed over and driven over. They end up like little spears, all interlaced togeather, and still attached to the ground at the root. You can never tell just what will kick up at any given time.

On another note, I have never seen "seatbelts" in an Argo.......How are they mounted, and to what?
    (I'm having visions of a seatbelt end dropping into the drive chains here)

RD

Rock from the best i remember and i can recheck this with Ken Bost. When industrial(commercial) machines are bought with ROP they(the company purchasing) require them to have the seat belts and they mount to the frame coming through the floor pans. Have seen one or two of these machines. I don't know if the occupants wear them but they are there just the same. I wouldn't wear them. I have yet to see a privately owned machine with a seat belt.

Lewis

The cage

With my argo I built a rack on the back that has a gas can on the back and i have a spot for a brush ax and a shuvel a roll cage would be added waight that i dont need the rack on the back is heavy and well built and i think that the argo rops systems is a bit over priced and i try not to put my argo in a posision were that could happen as far as stabalty the argo may be more stable then the max but then maby not i think it is the choice of the oprator as my grandpa use to say (what one lacks in common sence they tend to make up for in money and wishes) Well that my two cents worth

rollover protection

I want to thank all of you for your input I see some pros and con's to the roll bar . Again great information from both sides of the topic , I think I will build some kind of roll bar although I think I will scale it down to meet the needs of low hanging braches but tall enough to do the job , sounds like a roll to the side would be more likely than a complete flip , the reason I posted was because my boys are starting to go off with thier friends sometimes and all I can hope is for good judgement and clear thinking on thier part , so on my part of thinking it will get some sort of roll protection , helmets are allready mandatory . I remember being a teenager it was an interesting time in life.

If it can be rolled over a teen will find a way to do it. I know I would have. Who am I kidding, I'm 45 and I crawled out from under this yesterday, which is why I'm here searching every post that has "roll bar" in it. I'll be adding a roll bar.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...-roll-bar.html
    Branches are a concern so I may add some screening or Plexiglases in places.

damn jrp3 you are right that did hurt . i feel for you . hope you are ok . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

i have a ARGO 6x6 Bigfoot. i have only used it several time and had the machine on a pretty steep approx 25-30 degree and on the way down hit a pot hole and i did not feel like i would roll but still learning the machine.

I had a very similar experience yesterday. I had the Frontier 6x6 full with 4 people total. Went up a hill. Ran into a dead end at the top of the hill... put it in neutral and slowly rolled it backwards. While looking behind me, I hit the brakes (not too hard)... When I turned my head back to the front I noticed that the front end came off the ground about a foot. It's all about experience I guess... Now I know...

LOL. The Argo safety video even warned about going up hills with people in the back.

*no humans or animals were hurt in the posting of this message*
    ---JIM---
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    (Mythbusters Fan )

*no humans or animals were hurt in the posting of this message*[/QUOTE]

rotflmao
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

this is my role over from a few years back but a role bar or eavn a cage would not of prevented this
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by alaskacody View Post
    this is my role over from a few years back but a role bar or eavn a cage would not of prevented this
    Hope you were OK!
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread