Rollover Protection ??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Rollover Protection ??

can't find them ???

roll bar pics

they ended up in my Gallery , don't know how that happened

This is weird...I went back to your post and I can't see 'em now. I saw them last night.

Max 6 Wheel Drive

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    i think it's more a matter of oppinion and how each person will use a machine. my argo doesn't go anywhere fast, so i didn't put rollbar at the top of the list for it (although it will get one eventually) my Attex will probably go fast better than it willl do anything else, so the cage is a high priority. just my 2 cents, kids + AATV = need for rollbar and belts
    And helmets and training

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    If it can be rolled over a teen will find a way to do it. I know I would have. Who am I kidding, I'm 45 and I crawled out from under this yesterday, which is why I'm here searching every post that has "roll bar" in it. I'll be adding a roll bar.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...-roll-bar.html
    Branches are a concern so I may add some screening or Plexiglases in places.

good time to check for cracks etc

Found one, in my head

I would say that there are two forces at work here; one is the argocat that has in the sales brochure a figure quoted regarding the % of gradient that the machine is capable (safely) of traversing. But then we all know that in actual fact the machine is capable of far more than that. Then we have the second part which is the driver who may be quite confident of the machines and his own ability up to a certain point, which may be similar to the figures quoted in the sales brochure. It follows that there must be hundreds of machines that have never been stretched to their limit and likewise many who have operators who regularly put their machines in situations that many others would never dream of attempting. The type of terrain that the machine has to regularly operate on will surely be the deciding factor as to having a ROPS fitted or not.
    I have seen a few track vehicles tip over that had ROPS fitted and at least one that killed the driver, I have however never seen an Argocat upside down and no I dont have a ROPS fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    I can't even remember how many times I've rolled my cars. The first time I rolled without a roll cage was the last time I ever rode without a roll cage. I was trapped underneath a Max II & was lucky enough to have ENOUGH friends around to lift it off of me. But I have to agree, it is all about where & how you ride. If I had to dodge tree limbs all the time with or without a roll cage, I would definetly be wearing a helmet with a visor on it. And the cage is not enough. You need to be strapped in. These pics are of one time I never even used the roll cage, but I was sure glad I had it. The Model Citizen rolled (endoed) only once on level ground (balloon tires), but because she was strapped in, it landed back on all 6 wheel & she avoided getting seriously hurt. In fact, it was over so quick, she actually enjoyed it.

Whipper
    WOW!! scary

+ Reply to Thread