Conquest carb jetting

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Conquest carb jetting

I would double check all of the wiring, grounds, battery terminal connections, etc. and if you have a load tester, test the battery. I've accidently shorted out many starters due to speed changing them when I was a flat rate tech and never once fried a solenoid, not saying it isn't possible though and if it is fuse protected it seems to me it "should" not have been damaged.

It sounds like we are getting somewhere.

I agree that your spark plugs were probably fine.
    I really really doubt that your starter or solenoid are toast from shorting the start wire.

My bet is that your new coil slipped and you no longer have a business card width air gap at the coil and the engine is bound up on something there. Like hung up on the magnet.

Check your coil install.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    It sounds like we are getting somewhere.

I agree that your spark plugs were probably fine.
    I really really doubt that your starter or solenoid are toast from shorting the start wire.

My bet is that your new coil slipped and you no longer have a business card width air gap at the coil and the engine is bound up on something there. Like hung up on the magnet.

Check your coil install.
    John doesn't sound as if he's gotten into the pickup but just the externally mounted coil.
    Blue the green wire does the starting, it is possible you've dislodged it from either the key switch or the starter itself.

Good luck. hopefully you played all day today.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Hey! Yea! I was sitting here working out some new scenarios when I went back to get clarification.

There are edits to previous posts - it's running!

(Yeah Jim you're right, I took a left turn with the clicking sound and ended up at my own ignition system)

yeah! its running great! I pinched the wire to the starter. once i spliced it CORRECTLY everything runs GREAT! At my house at 8,000ft I ran it for 15 minutes two separate times last weekend. Ran perfectly. Plenty of power to drive around in 2 ft of powder, even up steep embankments.

I will run it again this weekend to see if the fix is still working. If so, I'll be bringing it up to 11,000ft next weekend for a real test. hopefully I have enough power since I have the 104 jet, but if not, I'll start looking at clutching etc. But, I'd rather focus my efforts on my hardtop project. Last time we were at the cabin it was below zero and 20mph sustained winds. NOT fun. The blowing snow makes it miserable. So, a hardtop would really be nice.

brought it to cabin at 11k last weekend. Did great this time!! no problem loading and unloading. I could go up our road in hi gear even. It made it up some pretty steep drifts. we drove it all over the property, a mix of drifts/snow pack and powder. all virgin snow and had no major issues. We had fun making tracks all over. I could make it through pretty deep powder with my wife and 2 kids in the back. at one point, we decided to try the jeep up our road since it was so packed down (2 neighbords up the road have REAL snowcats) and we made it 20ft before sinking in up to the belly of the jeep. Argo does the road in its sleep. Seems like the argo is the perfect machine for us, we'll be moving on to adding a hardtop over the summer. thanks for all of your help in getting it running right.

Last edited by bluebruin; 03-19-2015 at 07:45 PM.

argo at 11,000 ft.

Beautiful people,beautiful country,great story,problem solved!!!! Makes me happy. Thanks to all for the education.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 07:05 PM.

What gorgeous country.

VERY NICE!!!! Love the pics. Glad to see you got her running right.

+ Reply to Thread