engin noise

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: engin noise

Question engin noise

I have a fiberglass top on my argo and now i am dealing with lots of engin noise inside the cab. has any one come up with a fix to deaden the noise? I am thinking of dyna matting the fire wall and seeing if that help. Any one else have any suggestions?

man i really like this site lots of good technical advise but so far. you all suck for answering post related to questions. this site has a plethera of knawledge froma ll the owners out there. Try shareing some.

Ok, ill tell ya then, rip that 2 stroke out of it and put in a nice 20+hp 4 stroke in it, that will fix alot of problems for ya, not just the noise
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.S.H.907 View Post
    man i really like this site lots of good technical advise but so far. you all suck for answering post related to questions. this site has a plethera of knawledge froma ll the owners out there. Try shareing some.
    Ouch
    you are the first person I'd seen on the site that has a fglass top. Maybe the top manufacturer has a sound proof kit. The tractor cab manufacturers have optional sound kits. Sound proofing is a science in itself. If you have an Argo you have gear wine and engine noise and too many holes between the engine space and passenger compartment.
    To kill the noise you have to absorb the ambient noise, plug all the holes and decouple the vibration transferred to the structure. Dynamat helps to decouple the vibration but does little for the ambient noise. You need acoustic foam for that. Line the cab with the foam put the mat on the bulkhead and dash and make filler pieces for the holes and gaps.
    I have a Bigfoot and I would probably upgrade the transmission to the latest version to kill the bulk of the gear noise.

I am guessing from your name you are from Alaska and I bet your top was made by Plaschem supply on spar ave. You might call Randy there and see if he has any suggestions. they made the tops for the argo dealer here in Anchorage. Good luck
    Mark

your rigth I am also the moderator for the argo section on atvfrontier.com and thanks for the info of who built the fiberglass top. thanks ak express and thank you jersey

Quote Originally Posted by eightwheeler View Post
    Ok, ill tell ya then, rip that 2 stroke out of it and put in a nice 20+hp 4 stroke in it, that will fix alot of problems for ya, not just the noise
    its got a 32hp kohler liquid cooled EFI
    Last edited by Mike; 04-26-2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: removed "smart" comment

Hey Mash, I have one of those fiberglass tops and suffer the pain of noise. Did you try the sound proofing?

Any time you cover the body you start hearing all the noises from the drivetrain. The old conquest with the fiberglass tops were painfull to spend any time in. I've seen covered firewalls ect but the best way Iv found is noise canceling headphones.

I have three of four pair that I remain in the argo. I Looked into buying commo head phones so wife and I could talk but the prices that I found were steeper than an argo could crawl up!

+ Reply to Thread