My story

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My story

My story

Here is a story of all the Argos my pop owned and sold and how I ended up with a 92 magnum at the age of 15 !
    My pop was born in 1933 in corner brook Newfoundland Canada. He worked in the copper mine just 5 min from my house and owned a business across from my house called Byrne' store after his last name! He worked as a public service by driving a bus from here ( York harbour nl) to corner brook (45 min away). He also worked at the pulp and paper mill in corner brook and sold logs to them, he was a very hard working man! He owned only Argos the first being a orange 1970s HTB model 8 wheel. Then sold that and bought the 8 I /C and sold that and bought a later model 8I/C. Owned a couple six wheelers on the way to. Then there was the 92 magnum, that was the last one her ever bought for he was getting old and didn't have much time to go to the woods anymore due to cancer that he got when I was born and fought for 13 years. The cancer eventually got the best of him and soon passes away before he died he told me the Argo was mine and treat like a woman. So here I am now at 15 with my own Argo!

I'm sorry to hear about your pop. It's great that your Argo was passed down to you. When you are out enjoying it, I'm sure you can smile knowing that your pop is looking down on you having fun. That will certainly be a way for you to remember him and have fun doing something he also enjoyed. Thanks for sharing.

curtis , cool story !! like father,like son....

Nice back story Curtis. Remember to treat it like a woman, that you like.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks guys! This just isn't just a problem fixer sight it's like a family also!

Sounds like your dad was a great example of what it means to be a real man. Hard work, integrity, and loving & taking care of his family. Don't ever forget the example he left you. It's far more valuable than any Argo ever will be. He sounds like he was the real deal. Not many like him left but you have the potential to be one of them.

Thanks Vance

I had to look at a map of Newfoundland to get my bearings. My mom grew up in Stephenville and she mentioned Corner Brook a good bit. I guess that's a bigger town.
    Good luck with the Argo!

Yes stephinville is not to far from corner brook and it is bigger.stephenville has the Argo dealer there too

+ Reply to Thread