‘17 Avenger Hand brake fade

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ‘17 Avenger Hand brake fade

‘17 Avenger Hand brake fade

Has anyone ever ran into a situation where the hand brake will completely fade away? I was in the bush using my ‘17 avenger for hunting, maneuvering around beaver stumps and over logs. When I squeezed the handbrake, it went completely to the handlebar, I had to pump it several times to get it to pressure up again. It kept doing this all day long, but seemed to work perfectly after I got to the trail and smooth going. Not sure how the disc could possibly wobble around that much to push the calipers that far open when the going get rough.
    Last edited by Mumbles; 10-27-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Yes my 2013 HDI has done it since new. It works fine most of the time but every once in a while there is no brake and you have to pump it up. I swapped out the master cylinder thinking that was the problem but the problem continues. I rarely use the brake and have been quite surprised on occasion when it does not work; so if I remember to, I occasionally check to make sure it has pressure. Let us all know if you get this figured out. I suspect more of us are experiencing this. My Argo dealer is more than willing to figure this out and that is where I got the new master cylinder but I have learned to deal with it and don't want to take the time to have my dealer work on it. My HDI can sit in the shop for a month and work OK but float in a lake for an hour and have no brakes when you get to shore.

+ Reply to Thread