avenger starter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: avenger starter

avenger starter

Hi every one. It's been a long I haven't talk on the forum.
    It seems that the bendic doesn't catch the starter. Can it be just stuck because of the cold weather we have here. Do I have to remove the engine to take the starter off and put a new one in.
    Thank you
    Jack

Hey Jack how are you,the starter on the Avenger model is located on the front side of the engine but tucked under the front cylinder,I have in the past got it out without engine removal its tight and you get plenty dirty but has as I remember two bolts holding it on that also face forward,sometimes the bendix gets stuck from frost or ice if you have got it in a heated area and it still refuses to engage then probably the bendix,also try and move the clutch turning the engine over a bit and retry it just in case there is a ring gear problem but highly unlikely,I had a starter pack it in once but sometimes the moisture and the cold is the problem.Cheers NCT

I find the lube inside the drive gets real thick in the cold. Usually just pull starter and clean the shaft and lube with light grease.

Thank both of you. I have to figure out how to remove the starter. It's outside and kind of cold to work. I was thinking of heating the starter with a air blower. Also the switch doesn't work anymore. I will bybass with 2 wires and put them on a button switch. I would have to get one for the fan also I think. Maybe it is not that bad if the fan doesn't doesn,t work in cold weather.
    Jack

Starter will come out without removing the engine.

Thank you, can anyone tell me how to remove it? Where are the bolts that are holding it in place and how many. I have to work on it outside in minus 20-25 so if I know more exactly how to it would help not freezing my hands.
    Thank you
    Jack

Two bolts facing straight forward and two wires one that plugs on. I believe the heads on bolts are 10 mm. Battery cable is 13mm. Keep warm -31 here today.

Thank you, we are suppose to get -43 t0 -45 with the wind the next few days. Frrrrr king of cold.
    Jack

+ Reply to Thread