honda 22x11-8 ATC tires and split rims.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: honda 22x11-8 ATC tires and split rims.

honda 22x11-8 ATC tires and split rims.

I'm starting work on my terra tiger, I was thinking about using some kind of knobby tires like what's on a lot of the old Honda atcs, Ive herd maybe that's not a good idea?

The problem with them is they dont skid steer very well. It will be jumpy and take a lot of power from the engine trying to drag them sideways. They also will not provide any movement in the water. I wouldnt recommend them to anybody. Even if you dont plan on swimming. You should look at a chevron style. Carlisle at101 are a great low budget tire.

I am using the kenda K300 dominator on my argo It,s not as rounded as the honda, and fits nice and snug in the track. And without the tracks they are very hard to turn with the skid steer. I will only be using then with the tracks because of that. There is no slippage in the tracks with them. And the tracks will not flop around like they do with a more rounded tire.
    If you do a lot of driving with out tracks then the at101 are a good tire
    Try to find a tire that will suit you're driving and the conditions you will be riding in
    All tire manufactures say there tire is the best. A good tire for mud may not be the best tire in a set of track

Thats just my two cents.

That definitely makes sense! without any type of inter-axel differentials I can see how that would happen, I know they would be worthless in water but what are people thoughts on turf tires? the carlile at-101 look like a good deal, but I have a couple sets of turf tires haha

hi
    The turf tires will have no traction in the mud or sandy conditions. The tread is not open enough .
    The turning ability will either be very good no traction or terrible to much rubber in contact with the ground

Best solution is to fit a v lug / chevron pattern best as allrounder
    I had a set of knobby fitted to a 6x6 argo I purchased absolutely hopeless .

Consider Duro tires tread hf 255 [chevron] typically found in the agricultural section available in 4 ply
    22/11/8
    tomo

+ Reply to Thread