I am new to the Argo scene - have been looking for a few years but hadn't made a purchase. For Christmas my wife purchased me a 2003 Conquest from a fellow who bow hunts on the back portion of our property. The unit has the 20HP Kawasaki engine with 540 hours and everything seems to be tight and functioning as it should. It needs the usual cleanup, fluid change and general inspection which I am working through now. I am handy with the tools but not a expert as I am a desk jockey by day so everything I know I have learned by taking things apart and putting them back together or reading a manual.

I noticed today that the unit has a electric fuel pump and after looking through the manual it appears as though this must be something that was added as a after market part. A couple of questions that I am hoping somebody can help me with - why would the previous owner have installed a electric pump? From looking around on the forum it doesn't look like this is unusual just trying to understand why it is done. Secondly as soon as I turn the key into the run position I can hear the electric pump fire up but it doesn't seem to turn off. In my mind it would make sense that the pump would come on when the key is turned on to pressurize the system but once operating pressure is reached the pump would turn off until the engine starts, some fuel is consumed and the pressure drops in the system at which point the pump would kick on again.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.