1991 (I think) Argo Magnum 8x8 Questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: 1991 (I think) Argo Magnum 8x8 Questions

Threaded View

1991 (I think) Argo Magnum 8x8 Questions

I am new to the aatv deal, and have gotten into it as I got a great price on a magnum. The magnum has only 89 hours on the meter and was stored indoors on a shelf (literally) in the storage warehouse of a company that services and installs electrical grids. They finally cleared out old equipment and this thing came up for sale.

My question is what should I do to service it and what should I be looking out for on an older unit. I have already begun a bit of a tear-down on it to clean and service it.

**edit** my i.age did not work. How much play should i feel in the bearings when pulling around on the axle with no tires? Also, is there a cheaper alternative to the $20 argo grease seals? I come from Aviation where things are expensive, but even the aviation seals i have dealt with havent cost this much

Last edited by Gruffy; 07-15-2016 at 11:29 PM.