Front Cargo Rack Ideas

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Front Cargo Rack Ideas

Front Cargo Rack Ideas

I'd like to put a front cargo rack on the front of my 6x6 so I can take extra items when we're out hunting or going on long runs. I have seen a couple on machines... just wondering if anyone else out there has ideas or pics? I know weight needs to taken into account for stability... also I'd rather keep it up front instad of out back where things can fall off without me knowing! Also I plan on making it detachable so I can access the engine and remove competely when not needed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buddee View Post
    I'd like to put a front cargo rack on the front of my 6x6 so I can take extra items when we're out hunting or going on long runs. I have seen a couple on machines... just wondering if anyone else out there has ideas or pics? I know weight needs to taken into account for stability... also I'd rather keep it up front instad of out back where things can fall off without me knowing! Also I plan on making it detachable so I can access the engine and remove competely when not needed.

Thanks
    Well, I can't help ya. I tried to find an old PM to me from a guy in Alaska who built a nice front carrier. No luck. I will say, keep it as light as possible, and don't load it up too much. Personally, I like to build an extended rack out the back a little bit. It helps balance the machine. Any more steel on the front of my machine, other than the Pushbar, and I would probably sink the poor thing.

RD

Check out my pics. i just put a few new pictures up. It is homemade. i have $75 dollars in materials tied up in it. it tilts forward to gain access to the engine compartment.

Front Mounted Cargo Basket for Argo Avenger - Frontier

over priced for what it is but might give you a idea where to start building

Im not sure if this is a thought but theire is a great ATV junk yard here in ohio that has a lot of racks or other parts that may help cut costs. Used Motorcycle Parts in Ohio. I was their last week and they had a coupel of racks like sparkplug had on the front of his rig. Just a thought

Thanks for the responses. I actually went to an ATV junk yard and got a lightweight front rack and will be modifying it to fit. I'll post pics when it's done.

Hi Buddee,

where did you pick up your rack?

Reids in St.John's...price range 30 - 50 bux... he has about 20 of them to choose from.

+ Reply to Thread