Heater for argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heater for argo

Heater for argo

Hello dose anyone have a heater in there argo.Do it help keep the windsheild clear in the winter.Would like to see pictures.Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by yellowknife argo View Post
    Hello dose anyone have a heater in there argo.Do it help keep the windsheild clear in the winter.Would like to see pictures.Thank you
    Yes I have one in my Avenger,as far as keeping the windshield clear its so so at best,the problem is not heat its condensation,in your car or truck the air conditioning cycles while on defrost helping to keep the moisture down,in the argo the melting snow and your breath create lots of moisture,that said love the heater for them cold frosty fall mornings and lots of fun doing the driveway in the winter in my shirt sleeves while the neighbor freezes to death behind his snow thrower.

I have a small blower off of my air cooled engine, It ducts air off from the box around the exhaust into the cab. I do not have a picture

Quote Originally Posted by MIteyMT View Post
    I have a small blower off of my air cooled engine, It ducts air off from the box around the exhaust into the cab. I do not have a picture
    Same principle the old volkswagons use, and my 2011 Kawasaki Mule uses. Very Resourceful!
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

lots of snow cats, and commercial equipment that run in the winter up here in Alaska have a small fan on the top inside of the windshield to blow air on the windshield? There must be a reason for it, the only time i see these fans running is when it is winter out, that may also help with the condensation issues.

Thank you for the help guys.

Not much is going to help you in Yellowknife in keeping the windshield clear. Bottom line, it just takes too much heat and air flow in -30 to keep the entire windshield clear with defrost heat. You probably know what I mean in -30 in a vehicle, and the argo can't put out near as much volume of heat and in a way more leaky environment. Added to that the light snow is so fluffy that is whips up constantly and sticks to the warm area on your windshirld. I have the factory heater in my Avenger and it is warm enough to melt the snow for about a 5 inch area on the windshield, but all after that it becomes a frozen mess of ice/.snow. I usually just turn the defroster part of the heater off and leave the cab outlet on.

I use a 12 volt heater that I plug into my cigarette lighter. It has a swivel mount that I can point at the windshield. Once I drive a 1/4 mile, it defrosts the windshield.

Which model 12 v heater do you have? I see a number on ebay for sale...what's your wattag? I see lots of 200 and 300 watts...

+ Reply to Thread