Max Snow Plow Question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max Snow Plow Question

Max Snow Plow Question

I bought a used plow over the weekend, and was wondering if someone could take some close up pics of the swivel, the plow to swivel mount, and where it mounts to the max? The one I bought is in pieces, I'm not positive all the pieces are there, nor am I sure the hardware is original???

Thanks in advance,
    John

If you look on Max's website, they have a photo of it that should be helpful: Accessories for the Max IV - Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511

Click image for larger version

Name:	max4_76plow_4.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	7958

Yeah that explains the extra set of holes where the Aluminum block to keep the plow from coming back. It also kinda shows the swivel pin, but the bracket there is broke, so I have come up with something new there. Would love to find a 12V solenoid to activate from the drivers seat to rotate the blade!

I have a good start on it, but need to make some templates for the frame mounts, and get some steel to start cutting them out.

Also the U-bolt for the winch hookup on mine is farther back, so wonder if this is a change they made later on? Oh well, makes since to have it father out (less force on the winch) so I'll make that bracket today too.

Thanks again for the help, I'll post pics when I'm done.

Picture of what I started with, I have the swivel part done now, and the lift ring too. Just need to make the actual mount to the vehicle now.

Plow22 - Amphibious ATV Pictures

A couple things. The Moose brand ATV plow looks just like this, so parts may be interchangeable.

I have a tread where I built a frame to attach the blade to the Max (a Max IV in my case) to attach to the factory plow mounts (you need the track kit installed for the mounts to be there).

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...sive-plow.html

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpnewby View Post
    Yeah that explains the extra set of holes where the Aluminum block to keep the plow from coming back. It also kinda shows the swivel pin, but the bracket there is broke, so I have come up with something new there.

Would love to find a 12V solenoid to activate from the drivers seat to rotate the blade!

I have a good start on it, but need to make some templates for the frame mounts, and get some steel to start cutting them out.

Also the U-bolt for the winch hookup on mine is farther back, so wonder if this is a change they made later on? Oh well, makes since to have it father out (less force on the winch) so I'll make that bracket today too.

Thanks again for the help, I'll post pics when I'm done.
    Looks like a 12v winch, two pulleys, two fender washers, two Swage Fittings and you have an angling plow blade.
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

+ Reply to Thread