Another project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another project

Another project

My son bought this off ebay as a project, it's not actually as bad as it looks It's got the Tecumseh 16 in it that's supposed to run good.
    I'm assuming very late seventies as it's got the short flat front deck and no raised headlamp mouldings ?
    I'll get the serial number next week, does anyone know where to check dates from numbers?

You can check with Argo for the build date is the color White or a faded green? Argojim can probably give a approximate date.
    Acta non verba

My guess 83-87 with the sand colored tan body, not many around that I've seen. Probably a HTB model.

There is a white 8x8 within 40 miles of me.I have personally seen it and it is definitely white not faded green or sandstone.

Thanks for the input guys. It's a sort of creamy / light tan colour and not many around these parts. I'll get the serial / model numbers next week.
    Didn't think it would have been that late argojim, I thought the I/C 8 had replaced this model in the UK by then. However, I'll certainly bow to your far superior knowledge of things Argo (A mans got to know his limitations)

rodp, the Tecumseh's ran until the twins came out which then were replaced by the Vanguard's, the I/C was the commercial version with the Kohler's which turned into the Magnum's, then Conquest's. Your machine should have a raised flat hood like the Magnum's, yes?

The light color was short lived and replaced by the leather brown.

Hi Jim, not got it here (it's in our factory) but from memory the hood is flat with a bulge offset to one side and rear. The upper tub has the short flat deck in front of the hood with NO Argo logo.
    So the Tecumseh's and the I/C's overlapped by a few years then ? Not surprised the light colour was short lived, can't see it being very appealing and probably downright dangerous if you got stranded in snow conditions.

Very difficult to narrow down different body styles as there doesn't seem to be a reliable image data base for Argo's.

rod this should be it's twin less the engine and windshield.

And this was the hood I suspected you to have.

Yep, that's the one Jim, checked today. It's serial number HTB 6972 any idea on year? Knocked all the axle pins out today (the son that is, not me) all came out easy. Need to knock a puller up now to remove all axles. just looking at different ideas for one. Got a trade account at local suppliers so probably going with a new 20t hydraulic jack that only cost a few £ and make a dedicated axle puller (it'll be needed again for sure).

Any idea's on pullers from anyone would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread