2007 Argo Avenger Shifter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Argo Avenger Shifter

2007 Argo Avenger Shifter

Just new to the site so I am not sure if I am doing this right.
    I recently purchased a 2007 Avenger and I am slowly going through it and noticed that the knob on the shifter just turns freely. So when shifting if you are not careful what you think maybe reverse is forward. Anyways the question is what keeps the shifter from rotating freely. Looking at the Argo parts manual it appears the only thing would be the O ring, so I am guessing if it is worn it does not hold the shifting rod tight. Does anyone have experience with this.

Yes all the vehicles that use that trans has a shifter that will rotate with a little resistance. Not much that can be done about it but with a little time behind the sticks you won't need to look at the shift pattern.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

argo shifter knob

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    Yes all the vehicles that use that trans has a shifter that will rotate with a little resistance. Not much that can be done about it but with a little time behind the sticks you won't need to look at the shift pattern.
    Yup. sounds wrong but that's the way it is.

+ Reply to Thread