First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

That was some very challenging terrain, thick black goo.

awesome video

once again Nick great video,

I see your point....would be no fun to be a tow truck all day.

Amazing Job on the video Nick!! - Was great to see everyone again and one of the most challenging places to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    There is no challenge to be offered. Vehicles without tracks cannot make it more than about 30 feet into the swamp. And no one was willing to pull a machine without tracks all day.

Keith.
    Keith is right, you just can't go without tracks here, it also takes the right type of tracks, plastic tracks are almost as bad as no tracks at all.
    It's to bad we didn't have any escargot,or buzzes hybrid tracks here, I'm sure both would have done just fine here, as they are both very aggressive tracks,just what you need to traverse this type of terrain.

Awesome job with the video Nick,I'm glad you took a little footage of the buildings before we started,something I don't have.
    I also wanted to keep are videos separate so we didn't overlap,or repeat the same footage. It also gives two different perspectives,Nick, and his professional video job, and Tim and I,with our amature,uncut, unedited version.

Thanks for posting that video Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by foxvalley View Post
    Keith is right, you just can't go without tracks here, it also takes the right type of tracks, plastic tracks are almost as bad as no tracks at all.
    It's to bad we didn't have any escargot,or buzzes hybrid tracks here, I'm sure both would have done just fine here, as they are both very aggressive tracks,just what you need to traverse this type of terrain.
    I watched all the videos......wow....looked like loads of fun. Now I understand why tracks are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O. View Post
    The beginning is a bit of a winch fest, but we later on learn how to tame the terrain.
    Awesom video of the Fox Valley Argo ride! You did an awesome job of taking multiple cameras and angles and putting them all together into one enjoyable clip. The first part of your video explains a lot...we had some new guys that jumped into Doug's new tracked HDI that were following us up front, and then then a tracked 6x6 580 Frontier that was right behind them...when we stopped and looked back we waited a while before we saw Keith on his Tracked Max IV and we were starting to wonder if the rest of the group might have taken a wrong turn. That part of the trail is so narrow that getting out of order or trying to get back to help another vehicle is actually pretty difficult. That's about the time Keith blazed a trail Through the heavy overgrowth and went back to see what was going on... That's about the same time that we could see somebody climbing one of the hunting towers... I'm glad that somebody got a little video from up high like that because it was a pretty good perspective on how dense and difficult that first part of the swamp really is. Knowing what we know now we should stagger the machines a little differently next time so that it would be easy to keep the whole group moving through that first part. If we wanted to take all of the fun out of it you could just about tie every machine to the machine in front of it and we can all just let Doug autopilot the chain of machines through that difficult section LOL

Great video and a lot of fun to watch! Thanks for taking the time to put it together and for sharing it Nick

tim

+ Reply to Thread