Easy body sag fix

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy body sag fix

Easy body sag fix

So my 1989 magnum had a bad case of body sag on the left side. I did a lot of research on here and found that most people with this issue take apart the tubs, re-enforce with a steel frame then put the thing back together. I have a metal "bumper" if you want to call it that around my argo. I did a bit of tinkering then I got a very bright, very simple idea. The worst of it was at the 3rd tire from the front. i removed the tire on each side. I cut a piece of square tubing to run across. then i cut two small pieces to go from my square tubing to my "bumper" (let's just call it a bumper for the sake of continuity). i then grabbed a car hydraulic jack and i used a piece of wood to jack up the tub at the third tire underneath the bumper until the back wheel was barely off the ground.i then measured from the frame to the square tubing laid out just behind the seat. Did the same thing on the other side. There was a whopping 1 3/4 inch difference. I then had a friend weld all the parts for me. Hats off to my buddy JS for doing the welds with no mask and still doing better than what i would of done lol. Really pleased with the results. The tires used to touch the tub now i can run tracks and no rubbing
    Attached Images
    Sa passe ou sa casse!!!!

I've seen a simular set up on a Max when searching for body sag issues last week. Excellent solution I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
    I've seen a simular set up on a Max when searching for body sag issues last week. Excellent solution I think.
    Very fast solution, took about 2 hours total to do including making the parts.
    Sa passe ou sa casse!!!!

Nice work

What thickness steel is what you run along the sides? I would think that would have to be fairly beefy not to bend a lot.

I must admit, it took me considerably longer than two hours

+ Reply to Thread