Belt squealing on a 2016 8 wheel frontier.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Belt squealing on a 2016 8 wheel frontier.

Looks as if I was unaware of the commonness of the squeal.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Derek,
    Was there a big difference between the standard and the 3.3 transmission?

J

Mine is more of a bark, but then again once it does it I stop and regroup.. These EFI engines have so much HP and TQ down low with no throttle lag. I believe I could make mine squeal longer and more if I didnt let off the throttle..
    2015 Argo frontier EFI Camo. 4000lb vortex winch with synthetic rope. 3.3 trans.

~1998 Max IV (SN 14428) on 26" TRU Power tires, winch with synthetic rope, rear seat moved back 5 inches, flip top rear seat with storage underneath, 55 lb thrust trolling motor, #24 marine Battery and a bilge pump just in case.-sold

Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER View Post
    Derek,
    Was there a big difference between the standard and the 3.3 transmission?

J
    Hmmm, good question. I do miss the top speed when out on the lake in the spring when the snow is melted. But I would say the biggest difference is that the 3.3 is way easier on the drive train for what I do. I primarily hunt with it, and when you have a moose or elk in the back and are trying to sneak around trees and logs, climb out of holes, over logs, and up hills, the 3.3 just lets you crawl effortlessly with a big load. So I guess I like it better overall. But having said that, the standard would probably go the same places, just not as easy. What Id really like is the high range to be the standard gear and the low to be the 3.3. The biggest complaint I have with the standard is that the low range is too high. I think I could go 17+ kph. Too fast for a low range.

If you look at this video you can see at the 2:27 mark that the standard transmission with a moose (a big moose) and our gear just doesn't have enough grunt to pull itself up the hill. I rebuilt the clutches after this trip and that helped, but they weren't squealing too bad or anything. I thought the clutches were gone at the time, but in hindsight it was the gearing. The 3.3 would climb up the without a sweat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6jRbHbgNA

Derek

+ Reply to Thread