Magnum vs Conquest tire clearance?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magnum vs Conquest tire clearance?

Magnum vs Conquest tire clearance?

Hello there just joined Forum after I bought a 89 Magnum. Wondering what the difference is to the Conquest for tire spacing to tub? Are the tubs the same structure? Thank you for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
    Hello there just joined Forum after I bought a 89 Magnum. Wondering what the difference is to the Conquest for tire spacing to tub? Are the tubs the same structure? Thank you for responding.
    Had a long response til it got ate. Tubs are different but axle spacing is the same. Basically you want 13-15" of clearances from center of axle to wheelwell.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thank you ARGOJIM so I’m thinking I can run a 24” frontier style tire then. I was all set to buy a Conquest, stopped to look at a local magnum. It was so well taken care of that after a night of thinking on it I bought it instead. Read on this forum that the 24” tires made a big difference to ride.

I'm not sure how much different the ride would be compared to the runamuk tire, don't take my word keep doing research and find some one with a Conquest with 24's and compare measurements. If your machine does not have 22 runamuks that may bee a ride issue right there.

I believe the big difference in ride comments may have been how much better the Frontier 8x8 with 24's rides over the earlier 8x8's, the frame is different and has up set front axle like the Avenger. They really float across the trail.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

I have an 88 Magnum that I put the 24" tires on. They fit, and ride nice. They are pretty close to each other, but I still have about 1/4"-3/4" of space. Is your Magnum the I/C version? I wouldn't say that it's comparable to a new/newer machine, but depending what you want to do with it, you wouldn't necessarily need all that a new rig has to offer. I plan on actually using mine one weekend a year, and the odd time playing around here and there. It's not worth having an expensive new machine.

One thing that I will say about the 24" tires is that they tear up your lawn rather quickly. The tread is a lot more aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy_Magnum View Post
    I have an 88 Magnum that I put the 24" tires on. They fit, and ride nice. They are pretty close to each other, but I still have about 1/4"-3/4" of space. Is your Magnum the I/C version?

One thing that I will say about the 24" tires is that they tear up your lawn rather quickly. The tread is a lot more aggressive.
    They are easier to follow when lagging behind for sure. I would have wrote track but that may have gotten confused.

Thanks Rudy, after check my vin mine is also the 88 version. And yes I/C. Exhaust tip on it is still chrome. No heavy use, well not frequent. Hunting, little bit of mucking about, maybe couple ice fishing trips.

Good info. I have new style 22” Argo tires on my magnum that I run with Chanel tracks. I always wondered if 24” tires would fit on the magnum. I know it’s been done on conquests but wasn’t sure on a magnum. The 25” rawhide III tires from my vanguard2 don’t fit. They rub from front tire to next one back. That’s awesome that the 24” Argo tires will work. The magnum is a great machine I just don’t always need the Chanel tracks on but would like the larger 24” tires when I’m not running tracks Thanks again for the info. Magnums kick A

+ Reply to Thread