New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 665 of 722 FirstFirst ... 165 565 615 655 663 664 665 666 667 675 715 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

hey don ....welcome ! sounds like a nice machine and some great places to ride . tracks are nice , especially if you get some snows. these machines are fun to tinker with and fabricate stuff . and lots of cool videos to watch . johnboy va.

Hello I hace a conquest with the orginal plastic tracks on it, in deep snow or very wet snow it has a difficult time climbing up the road to our cabin. It is very steep in places, but I am curious if these newer tracks are better in deep snow. By steep , the road climbs 360 feet in a bit more than 1/4 mile, deep snow 3-5 feet. Any advice would bhe appreceated.

Hi all!. We live right on the Suwannee river near Old Town, FL. The river has been flooded over our road for a month and a half now. We boat a Max Vii to get out of here. But the side current acroos the road from the river caused the Max to float off the road and into the woods. So I installed a electric trolling motor on the back. But it did not help so we put the Max up for sale and sold it in less that 2 days. We had to tow it out of here with our JD 4X4 tractor. Couple days later the tractor slid into a ditch under the water. Water was over 4' deep then. Had to have a huge tractor come and pull the JD out. So then we bought an ex mud racer/swamp buggy. Has huge tractor tires all the way around. Goes through the water a-ok. Like to get another Max sometime for fun. Steve & Darlene

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Hi all!. We live right on the Suwannee river near Old Town, FL. The river has been flooded over our road for a month and a half now. We boat a Max Vii to get out of here. But the side current acroos the road from the river caused the Max to float off the road and into the woods. So I installed a electric trolling motor on the back. But it did not help so we put the Max up for sale and sold it in less that 2 days. We had to tow it out of here with our JD 4X4 tractor. Couple days later the tractor slid into a ditch under the water. Water was over 4' deep then. Had to have a huge tractor come and pull the JD out. So then we bought an ex mud racer/swamp buggy. Has huge tractor tires all the way around. Goes through the water a-ok. Like to get another Max sometime for fun. Steve & Darlene
    Been to Old Town a few times, Mom lives in Kissimee down from Woodies. These machines do not like currents, so if you had flowing water receding it surely would have took it, gld you are ok.
    Hope you find another machine in the future.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I found this forum as I was searching for an Argo forum. My name is Chuck and I live in eastern Iowa. I purchased a 2014 Argo 750HDi off eBay and had to have it picked up by my local dealer who got it running. I currently have it back at the dealer for a transmission issue, but after 30 years of riding ATV's and snowmobiles, I really like a machine that can haul the whole family across the creek and through the woods of my property. I'd just put the tracks on it and was looking forward to some fun in the snow, when the transmission broke. I also like snowmobiles and ATV but the four of us can't go together on them. I think my Argo will be a good machine once I get these issues resolved and I look forward to having a lot of fun with it.

Hello everyone,

About to purchase a Max IV with a 20 horse Kohler. Really excited and happy to be here!

Colin

Hi my name is Logan. Been checking the site out here and their for info for some time. Figured it was time to become a member. I have a Max 2 6x6 and an 8x8 Argo. I love em both. Having issues with the Max 2 and hoping I could pick some brains here to get her running again. I am a disabled/retired U.S.Army Veteran and that lil beast helps me get around my 34 acres North of Grant's Pass Oregon. Really wish I could get her up and running again but having a few issues. I have an 8x8 Argo that is a beast with just about everything one would want for her. Tracks, fiberglass cab, and basically the works that runs great. Looking for some advice on her or thinking I may possibly sell her and all that she comes with to another 6x6 fanatic. Figured I could pick brains on my Argo or just post her for sell to here so another fanatic who can put her to good use. Anyhow thanks for the great site and it's nice to be in the company of those who appreciate these amazing can do just about anything machines....Again Thanks Logan....

Good morning.
    My name is Chris. Live in Fredericksburg Virginia. I recently acquired 2 AATV. I got a max4 and an older Argo 8x8 magnum. Both units are in need of serious TLC but I think are redeemable. Unfortunately the engine on the max4 I found out is junk as it was full if water and just not worth the money to replace it with another Kohler. But at any rate I'm considering doing a complete gut of the max4 and cleanup and repaint the frame to start. The Argo will be the same when I get to that point. Any advice or pointers are appreciated

Hello all, my name is Ikestr. I just acquired a yr. 2000 MAX IV with a 25 hp Kohler Command motor. I just retired and bought some property in north Wisconsin. I haven't operated the machine yet as it looks like it should be gone through first. I have lots of questions and big plans for this toy. I would appreciate any feedback I can get. I'd like to get a plow that is made for the Max as well as some other accessories.

Welcome Ikestr. I’m in Northern WI. also. I’ve got the same machine as you. Good to have a fellow Wisconsinite on the site. Were few and far between. Lots of great info here to help you get started.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread