Trolling Motor Options

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trolling Motor Options

Trolling Motor Options

Hey All

So, after 19 years without an Argo, I purchased a New 2020 6-wheel Frontier 600 today.

I added some goodies like a front rack, front winch, brush guard, rear trolling motor battery box and outboard mount. Can't wait to try her out.

I plan on doing some light fishing in small secluded ponds where I live. They are small ponds, (less than a mile across), and I plan on using a rear mounted trolling motor. I have a good marine deep cycle battery mounted in the back and I'll be going with a Minn Kota Endura Max motor so I'm not worried about battery drain on 2-3 hour fishing trips

My question is simple. Will a 40lb Trolling motor suffice or should I go 50 or even 55lbs of thrust?

We have a 2005 Avenger, and use a Minkota 55lb thrust trolling motor with a V-Max 115ah tank battery with great results.

Good luck.
    "...So sayeth the Coffinman..."

I have a 40lb that I mount to the front of my Max IV and it is under powered for sure

I use a minkota 55lb thrust on an 8 wheel argo and it is ok. I guess it really depends on how fast you want to go and wind conditions. Good luck.

I'm a little late to this party but I'll chime in anyway because coincidentally I'm after the same info as NewfoundlandLaw. I'm guessing the frontier weighs more than my '03 Max II and the 55lbs thrust Minn Kota Traxxis I'm currently using is painfully slow! That's with the tracks mounted as well so I don't know if the extra weight makes that big of a difference or not but maybe my situation will give you the reference your looking for. As far as my issue goes the obvious answer is to go up in trolling motor size but how much? Anyone else running a trolling motor bigger than 55lbs thrust on a Max II? If so, I'd be interested in what size motor and how well it performs. Thanks Cup

+ Reply to Thread