Oil Change Time

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oil Change Time

Yes the pliers work great in there.

I had a tough time today with the oil filter. I used a Walmart band clamp tool, $6 in oil filter section. Worked great. I removed firewall and accessed from drivers side. I tried without tool and had to revisit . Finally got it off. FYI. A Fram 4967 or any 4967 filter will work if you don’t have another Briggs filter. I sank mine that’s how I know. Also when it’s time to change your transmission, heat the drain bolt with a torch for 15 seconds or so. It’s very hard to get out if you don’t heat it. Hope this info helps. Double check on aurora , I have a frontier.
    Last edited by Grizzly10; 08-01-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks. I have the pliers ordered. Should be here tomorrow.
    On the Aurora I have an easier time reaching the filter location from the front under the hood than through the firewall.
    Hope to try again soon, maybe this weekend.

You need a band type oil filter wrench. It flops around on its handle and you can get it on no problem once you figure out how it works.
    At least on my 2007 frontier 6x6 with 23 hp b and s engine. Make sure you get the right size there are a few and it may be the smallest I forget...at least for my size filter.

Quote Originally Posted by jhayden View Post
    You need a band type oil filter wrench. It flops around on its handle and you can get it on no problem once you figure out how it works.
    At least on my 2007 frontier 6x6 with 23 hp b and s engine. Make sure you get the right size there are a few and it may be the smallest I forget...at least for my size filter.
    Oops didnt see grizzley allready told you about the band clamps..

Finally third time was the charm.
    I used an old Harbor Freight vacuum pump, a canning jar, couple spare fittings and some hose.

I took the hoses off the pump I got from Amazon (this pump worked once) and now I have a good vacuum setup.

The smaller pliers got the filter off and I was able to get to it with the shroud removed from the muffler to give space.

This was all done via the hood as there is no access from inside by removing the dash panel.[IMG][/IMG]

+ Reply to Thread