Cooling fan.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cooling fan.

Cooling fan.

I had my Vangaurd 6x6 out for the first time in the woods and had blast with it. It's air cooled which I've owned air cooled ATV's before I have 2 now my Honda Odyssey are air cooled I put a fan on my Honda Odyssey FL350 because it was always running way to hot and the fan helped out a lot. After riding the other day I noticed how hot my Vangaurd 6x6 was I no the reason no air flow and you don't go fast to get air in the dirt bikes that I had that were air cooled always had enough air but the Argo doesn't. So now I'm thinking of adding a fan to it so it gets some air has anyone done this? The other thing I was thinking of adding was a electric low pressur fuel pump because a couple of hills I went up it seemed like it was starving for fuel I had almost a full tank so I know low fuel wasn't the problem. Again has anyone hooked up a electric fuel pump to there Argo and has it helped out?

Check out Atwood Turbo Bilge fan. Work great pushing major heat out of engine bay. Simple setup to expel heat. I have 2 in my Frontier. Big Big difference.

Would you have any pictures of the install? Interested in getting my Bigfoot a bit cooler. Did you mount as to blow through the engine shrouds?

I mounted it up top, blowing across top of engine out exhaust side. It pushed exhaust gas away as well. It’s really simple and they are small inexpensive and move a lot of air. I will try and get a pic, next time I get it out. Actually had a pic. I moved its location a little but this is basically set up.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Grizzly10; 10-05-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Posted pic in my gallery.

I mounted two 4" fans on the inside of the screen where the exhaust pipe exits the tub. draws the hot air from around the muffler and tail pipe and sucks it out of the engine compartment. They $50 each but worth it. They are little ATV radiator fans, so purpose built. I originally started with computer fans and got a couple years out of them but these are much better.

So I will definitely install a fan. How about the electric low pressure fuel pump? Every time I look at the fuel filter there's only a small amount of fuel in it and when the machine is running I can't see any at all. I replaced the fuel filter and pump and still the same thing. This is the reason I'm thinking of a electric one. After the machine is running for a while it won't idle I have to keep giving it gas or it will stall when I first start it and for at least a half hour there's no problem then after that the stalling starts .

I have read a low pressure pump will need to be regulated at 1-1.5 psi because the Carbs can’t handle pressure being they are fed by vacuum. I heard this can cause a fire in engine bay. This will need further investigation, I have the stalling as well. It stinks. With the electric pump it could fail and possibly
    Leave you stranded which is my issue as well. The vacuum is more reliable I would think. Hope you figure it out. Last night I changed fuel filter to Larger Filter. Was Full of gas the filter and still was choking out and trying to stall on hill. Good luck with this one. Post your solution if you actually fix it.

I have multiple machines with low pressure electric fuel pumps, they work great, stay at 2.5 psi or less to avoid the engine fire issues. As an upside, they are much easier to start in cold weather, and if the machine has a choke, you can bump it off after just a moment. One friend of mine put a 10 psi electric pump in his Max2 machine, I warned him about it and suggested he switch to the low pressure pump to avoid a fire. He called me the next day and told me his machine caught fire the night before and burned down to the frame. Learn from other people's mistakes.

Regarding the no fuel in the line issue, many machines will dump that fuel back into the tank if the usage isn't high enough, usually after it has been turned off for awhile, the fuel will drain out. It would be weird to have that issue while running, unless there is an obstruction in the fuel line or a leak (either fuel or vacuum).

You can purchase these electric pumps on Ebay or Amazon, they are cheap enough that you can carry a spare in the tool bag just in case one fails.
    I've put these in everything from Max2s and Max4s, to a I/H tractor and a Land Rover Series 2a. Again, don't go over 2.5 psi. They can be wired into a toggle switch so you just run it when you need to then turn it off.
    Last edited by Noel Woods; 10-07-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Noel Woods. Thanks I was reading about the fire issue so I will make sure it's a low pressure pump. I worried about going up a hill with low fuel in the tank and the machine cutting out on me.

+ Reply to Thread