Argo Bigfoot parts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Bigfoot parts

Argo Bigfoot parts

Hello everybody. I recently found a deal I couldn’t pass up on what I believe is a 97 Argo Bigfoot. I have been searching around and haven’t found a good place to buy parts, other than bearings kits. I am in need of a rear axle. The original has some moderate scoring from the bearing disintegrating and I’m not sure if it’d be cheaper to get it welded and turned down or find a replacement. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Tyler J.

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    I worked in a machine shop that did a lot of shafts that were repaired by welding and turning. There are times that welding will cause a weak spot but if it can be repaired with one surface pass and turned down I would think it would be a suitable repair. A good machine shop can advise you on those kinds of repairs. I would get an estimate of both the repair and a replacement part and go from there. If it were me ,I would weld and turn it but I also have the resources and experience to do the work myself.

I did some research on the model number and it’s actually a 97 Vanguard. Thanks for the advice. I will see if there is a shop near me that will do the work. The scoring is pretty shallow so hopefully it won’t be too involved. I know 6x6parts has the bearings and flanges I need but I will still need the bearings for the Jack shaft. Do just need to take the bearing to the store and get a match? It’s not as easy to find parts as I thought it’d be.

I found all the bearings I needed. ����

I've started the reassembly of the old Argo finally. When I disassembled it, the bolts that hold the hitch on the back had clear silicone on the bolt threads. Is that factory? Just wondering if I need to do that when I get to that part.

Thanks,
    Tyler

tyler ...it's nice to hear how much fun your having with your argo . these aatv are great and you will know more about the machine and all it's workings the more you drive it and learn how it all operates , etc. lot's of info on this site and lot's of help . where are you located by the way ? johnboy va.

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    I would probably put some kind of sealer around the tow hitch bolts but that is just me.

They really are simple machines, lots of fun to work on. I had a Max II first that was stolen out of my yard last summer, and I bought this Argo that needed a lot of work as a replacement. Then I got the Max back late last year so I have quite the fleet now. Lol I am located just outside of Tulsa, OK

Quote Originally Posted by Laird View Post
    I would probably put some kind of sealer around the tow hitch bolts but that is just me.
    Alright thank you. That sounds like a good idea to me as well.

+ Reply to Thread