engine swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: engine swap

engine swap

Anyone evry swap out there vangaurd for something bigger or what about a conquest upgrade to a bigger motor? Just looking at some options.

nothing huh?

engine swap

I've changed several argo engines. One thing to look for is a motor
    thatis easy to work on in that small box. This fall I installed a20hp
    honda in an older 8x8 It out pulls my buddys 24hp kaw. but I'll have
    to pull the engine for any axle or engine work. Or you could do some
    performance work to existing motor

First what size is the engine in you machine(HP). 600 racing sells a bandolero engine that is a 20 hp bumped up to a 30 HP. This engine has no governors and will really boost your HP. The engine is actually cheaper than a factory 20 hp or 18 HP. I am pretty sure the 20 has the same footprint as the 18 HP. They are not water cooled.

These engines are fast, and should fit the machine. May need to get high speed clutches. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but thought i would let you know that you have a few options.

You can go to the Briggs site and check the dimensions of the motors and get a better idea if it will fit.
    Last edited by lewis; 12-11-2009 at 01:40 PM.

I think all 14 thru 20 will be the same dimensions externally. I bet the 23 block is the same externally, the heads are just a little taller, and the exhaust on a 14/20 won't bolt up to a 23.

I've been reading about Kawasaki's, very interesting stuff. Some engine groups vary by maybe 5 HP, the only difference being compression, carbs, carb jetting and or limiting throttle plate opening. All the same displacement.

Smile motors...

Well asked Question to ask.... How much are they? such as the 30 hp's?

Guys, thanks for all the info I will be reading up on the bandelero engines. Might be a good upgrade for and old response if I find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    Well asked Question to ask.... How much are they? such as the 30 hp's?

I just checked last week and it was $1340.00 or around there.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofiresmith View Post
    I just checked last week and it was $1340.00 or around there.
    Where can J get one (bandolero) shippig to Sweden

Speed Speed Speed, Just Remember, your machine is chain driven and ramping up the HP will also put tons of extra stress on your drive system, specially the front idler shaft bearings and your chains, I went that route as a youngster (13 When I started with ARGO's 46 now) and it was not worth it. Although I'm Up in NORTHERN ALBERTA CANADA and you just can't go very damned fast in the bush. Had an eight back in the day that would hit 60 mph on the highway,(Was clocked several times ) 440 ss but we went in and re-geared the transmission. If you want to go fast by a QUAD, you'll end up snapping/breaking axles next when you come flying around the bend and hit a fallen log or something.

+ Reply to Thread