Belt tightness Argo Avenger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belt tightness Argo Avenger

Belt tightness Argo Avenger

I started Having problems with slow acceleration and eventually alot of vibration under load. I suspected maybe the belt was worn and read on the forum that the belt should have less than 1"of deflection. Mine had more than 2"so I got a new belt and it is no better. My question......Is there some way to adjust the distance between driver and driven or do you think I have engine mount troubles?

Thanks, Randy

Not to my knowledge, the engine and tranny are both bolted to the same mounting plate, this can be slid forward to adjust your drive chains but that's that.Sounds like something is not right in the Mount or clutch department, a loose belt will just slip and burn should not cause any nasty vibration that I've ever experienced, check your tranny mounting bolts, the engine is generally fitted with vibration isolators so you would notice I think, Start it up in neutral, hood off, and rev her up till the belt engages, see if anything is twisting, Like the tranny or engine, if not see what your clutch is actually doing sounds like it could be the throw outs in the clutch binding up....Hope that gets you started...
    Last edited by Bushpig; 01-14-2010 at 07:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread