gip sea

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gip sea

gip sea

any thoughts on how rare a gip sea is i can get one very cheap. Guy oesnt know what all it eeds i just dont wanna get something that is missing a ton of stuff the body is mint

There are not many Gip seas. Member Duke has one. My brother had one once too. There are a couple floating around but at least online, I bet its less then dozen. If part availability is what you want you may want to stick with argo,max,hustler or attex. Most any t-20 machine. If you can get parts for the transmission then the rest is just bearing stores or machine shop work. Gip sea has a simple drive but if something happens to the clutch cones then you may be hunting for someone who can reline them. That might not be to difficult. Just hope the drive components are there.

They are pretty rare and I do like the looks of them but just like Larry said make sure it has all of the drive components they are nearly impossible to find and if it needs an engine try to mock up a cvt onto the transmission if its possible the gocart clutch they had on them looks like a bad idea but I may be wrong I just think it would be alot easier to drive with a cvt and use the three speed tranny for the different ranges I put an engine from a 83 honda big red in mine and its really hard to drive you have to shift constantly and it really only works on ice because you have to shift down to turn I am thinking of re doing everything on mine with a two stroke and cvt setup. if you get it remember keep it light the clutch cones will slip and the machine wont turn if there is too much weight in it I found that out the hard way. I would go for it I just like the classic look of it and its a piece of aatv history not many people have and it would be cool to have another gip-sea project on herepost some pics on here if you canfor some reason I get excited everytime I here of another gip-sea on here
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

+ Reply to Thread