Need some opinions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some opinions

Need some opinions

OK so the old kawi 2stroke died on me a few weeks ago. Not that big of a deal as I was planning on a fourstroke swap. Well as luck would have it, and I picked up a 3cyl Kabota gasser for dirt cheap. So for the last week I've been doing the swap. I got the engine in, wired up, and exhaust plumbed. But I'm not sure what to do with the radiator. The only way to make it fit in the engine compartment, I would have to trim out a section of the rear cover, which I don't really want to do. My other thought is to mount it on the roll cage "trophy truck" style, and use an electric fan. That seems to be the only two options I can think of. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by onebadc20; 01-18-2011 at 02:23 AM.

Maybe you need to look at a different shape radiator, even remote header tank.Some ultralight aircraft use up to 3 radiators similar to car heater cores all connected together. They rely on prop wash and forward movement for cooling. Maybe an idea there for you.

Hey C20,

I can't tell what model Attex you have from your avatar, but if you're using a second or third generation (Attex ST model, Attex Chief, Wild Wolf, Superchief, etc.) you can fabricate an engine cover if you feel like light fabrication. I shoehorned in a WG750 into my Attex Tank Trainer, and built a hinged engine cover to make a flat deck. I also built the same sort of deck for my Attex Chief, which has a tall Kohler engine in it. (The stock plastic engine cover wouldn't clear the EFI intake).

I have several pictures in my gallery of how it all came together to give you an idea. The square tubing I use is 1", 18 gauge. After all is said and done it didn't add THAT much weight over the stock set up. A nice thing, is that you can build in a seat mount, and hinge the engine cover. I even threw on a little gas strut to hold them open. On the Chief, there's room for a little storage compartment. Pretty neat, all in all. The expanded steel cover is riveted on in each case, and keeps the under-deck temperatures nice and cool.

Good luck!

~m

Thanks Hydro, you just gave me some good ideas. Your setup looks great. I'll have to do some measurements to see how far I can come up and still utilize my cargo rack, but that will look way better that mounting it on the cage.

+ Reply to Thread